1.6 or Source?

Werbung:

Popescu Radu

I prefer 1.6 because I have been playing it for few years now, got used to it, and I've got some friends that prefer the same type of game. It's easier to play 1.6 with them, + there are more servers for this particular type of CS in my country.

fleexie

Counter Strike: Source all the way.
It got better graphics.
Also it got better gameplay (Just my opinion i know alot will say im wrong)
It got a better community or atleast in my country.

Graiden

I enjoy 1.6 more, you can do more things in it. Such as edits..maps, configuration. If you want to feel like you're playing something original, you should go for Source. Better graphics, improved gameplay. Surely better.

DarkGizmo

I've only played Source and wasn't a huge fan of it. I do like booting up Garry's mod every now and then and messing about though.

Dealge

I never really played 1.6, but I played Source a lot. I've heard the gameplay is better in 1.6, but I prefer the graphics of Source. Can't wait for GO!

Werbung:

morbidity

I actually like both Counter-Strike Source and Counter-Strike 1.6. Reasons vary between the two games such as Source has better graphics and walling isn't as bad as it is in 1.6, but 1.6 has a lot of modifications that I always found fun such as Super Hero, yes they have all been converted to CSS but it's not the same. I also like the competitive aspect of 1.6 where people are always looking for a scrim or some other type of challenge. In CSS you're constantly running into a lot of laid back people who just play for fun and don't really want any competition at all. Both games have their pros and cons, but are both my favorite in one aspect or another.