3DS , from $249.99 to $169.99

wendellvan

REDMOND, Wash., July 28, 2011 – Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™ system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world's most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

"For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games."

Source: HERE

A frustration for those who availed the 3DS earlier and a good news for those planning to buy one. $80 price reduction is actually a big amount especially that 3DS has just come out. I believe that the price reduction of 3DS has something to do with the upcoming PS Vita. I got a feeling of intimidation coming from Nintendo.

Werbung:

Chance

I heard about this the other day and it's about time if you ask me. Too bad for the stock holders though. The Ex-President alone lost about 300 million dollars due to the price drop. Employees are also taking budget cuts to help cover the huge loss of income from the drop.

No one wants a 250 dollar handheld gaming system. It was a huge mistake to think that the 3DS would sell well at it's launching price. Vita made the same mistake and bombed in sales.

Werbung:

LeonardK

It's almost the exact same as the old versions of the Nintendo DS's, it's overpriced and 3D strains peoples eyes too much and is/was overhyped. Not too mention, they keep releasing new Nintendo DS's which made a lot of people buy them who didn't want to shell out more money just to get an upgrade.
Nintendo DS -> Nintendo DS Lite -> Nintendo DS XL -> etc