we will be married
You in one arm
and in the other

my lovely son…

Note: The first and last line

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Hm, not bad I guess. Just a few things about it:
1. The rhyming scheme didn't follow a pattern. It seemed you just put in a rhyme whenever you felt like it.
2. You should use more commas and periods.
beloved lady[/b]
You should make that "my beloved lady"
You in one arm[/b]
I would make that "You in one arm of mine"
5. Your first "the" should have a capital. Along with all of the places you should have periods.

That's all....nice poem.

Xeridanus

He did it in two minutes... :eek: I think that is very impressive. I do one line a week, I'm up to four. lol. :)
And I'm not posting it here, unless you really want me to.

Xeridanus

True, but I'd rather not till it's finished... ah heck, heres what I got:

When you are with me, all I can do is smile.
You say you have to go, I say "Wait a while."
There is nothing as warm as your complete embrace.
With every moment you are close, my heart begins to race.

EDIT: I will post this in it's own topic. It's finshed now too, though I had some help, not much.

Falcoknight

yeah its not very good, i didn't even read over it, though i impressed a i really liked so thats good :D

though i disagree with the rhyming post, not all poems need a rhyming sceam, mines more like the concept of a hiaku, its not meant for rhyming but its meant for feelings..

and "my lovely lady" is wrong i think, because, she isn't mine, infact the poem is about hopes, not about whats happening, unfortunatly it follows my hopes which wont happen lol :p

Undead_Lives

Ok, true, not all poems need a rhyming scheme. But when you DO rhyme and not in a particular fashion then it kinda makes it confusing....
In other words, choose your words wisely :D

Fladian

I've read it several times before, but never really made a comment about it because of several reasons, which are not necessary to mention.

Fact remains that it is only decent, but it was made in a hurry. As you said, it was made in two minutes.
Though I agree with the fact that a "love poem" should come directly out of the heart, it often is good to give it a moment of thought, instead of rushing it.

Undead_Lives

Though I agree with the fact that a "love poem" should come directly out of the heart, it often is good to give it a moment of thought, instead of rushing it.[/b]
That's very true. However, I don't ever write love poems, for other reasons.

james1654

Awww, a love poem :) who have you got a twinkle in your eye for falco? :yay:

I think he likes Arkidas :) but then u will have to cheat on him so u can get a son from a woman. Pffft, gay relations allways end in heartbreak . . . :( All you have to do is ask Fladian, he knows from experience.

Lol, Joking, I am sorry but i just cant help having a little joke. :yay:

Fladian

Yes, well, such a discussion has been spoken over in the early part of the 'True Identity' thread before, which didn't end up well.

I suggest finding a better sense of humor, because most of it/this could offend people.

Also, I am everything but gay. :p

Werbung: