A Mobile Gamer's Dream

MooCowMan

The new Asus R.O.G. G73Jh (as in "Republic of Gamers") aims to "excite your visual senses with design cues inspired by the Lockheed F117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter," according to the company, while at the same time using an Intel Core i7 processor and built-in overclocking to tear up your frame rates on hardware-intensive games. Asus says this is the first DirectX 11-compatible gaming laptop. It uses a single ATI Radeon HD5870 to power its graphics.

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10423818-269.html?tag=mncol;txt

The first DX11 laptop, it's freakin sweet! You should wait to get this one Jordan ;)

Werbung:

spuznick242

Its cool, but for the low price of $1700, its too much for me. Like its a beastly computer, and an even better laptop, but I dont see myself even being intrested in it. I could think of much better ways of spending $1700 than on a laptop that will soon be outdated in 6 months. Its an insane computer, but I dont see it worth the price tag.

MooCowMan

Its cool, but for the low price of $1700, its too much for me. Like its a beastly computer, and an even better laptop, but I dont see myself even being intrested in it. I could think of much better ways of spending $1700 than on a laptop that will soon be outdated in 6 months. Its an insane computer, but I dont see it worth the price tag.
It's the fact that it's a laptop and all the parts need be built smaller and all the designing it takes to integrate 2 hard drives and an HD 5870 into such small package while keeping the i7 cool enough to run efficiently. The laptop is a work of art, IMO.

Jordan B

Approx. 1 hour 35 mins til I drive into Harvey Norman and get it. :)

I'm probably getting it on Hire purchase, cuz of my broke ass atm. xD

MooCowMan

I love getting new things.. I was extremely jealous when me and my friend went to get his corsair H50, even more so when we installed it and had his Phenom II X4, OC'd to 3.7GHz and running smoothly at 26 degrees at idle and 48 with a load................. can't wait!

spuznick242

It's the fact that it's a laptop and all the parts need be built smaller and all the designing it takes to integrate 2 hard drives and an HD 5870 into such small package while keeping the i7 cool enough to run efficiently. The laptop is a work of art, IMO.

Yea, I know, but still, I would never spend that much on a laptop, no matter how good it is. Also you might have the capiabilty to game on the go, you'd still need an internet connection, which I myself have 2 routers but most places (at least where I live) and even in Philly dont have wireless internet unless you steal it form someone's personal connection like thier house. Its beastly, even for a desk top it is, but still, I'd never do it even if I had the money to.

MooCowMan

Yea, I know, but still, I would never spend that much on a laptop, no matter how good it is. Also you might have the capiabilty to game on the go, you'd still need an internet connection, which I myself have 2 routers but most places (at least where I live) and even in Philly dont have wireless internet unless you steal it form someone's personal connection like thier house. Its beastly, even for a desk top it is, but still, I'd never do it even if I had the money to.

I would buy one so I wouldn't have to lug a desktop around when I want to play games at a friend's house lol that's a full on gaming rig in a very light package. It's actually pretty cheap too, an HP Envy of close (I say close because it still won't be as good) performance will set you back $2500. ASUS has always proven to be the best buy when it comes to laptops :thumbup:

Werbung: