A Re-Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_7

don't burn your cpu up.... lol...

first to market doesn't mean better... not that many Dx11 titles out right now, so its in Nvidia's best interest to have a completely new series card, that takes full advantage of Dx11 and the new arch. Considering that the 5000 series is ATI's latest, it takes the 5970 (released Dec 09) to surpass a GTX-295, which has been out since Jan 2009. I'll wait for Nvidia's answer.... ; )

Werbung:

spuznick242

first to market doesn't mean better... not that many Dx11 titles out right now, so its in Nvidia's best interest to have a completely new series card, that takes full advantage of Dx11 and the new arch. Considering that the 5000 series is ATI's latest, it takes the 5970 (released Dec 09) to surpass a GTX-295, which has been out since Jan 2009. I'll wait for Nvidia's answer.... ; )

From what I see, NVIDIA is generally better but they take longer times to produce new things. First to market doesnt mean better at all, acctually them being first to maket lets NVIDIA look at what they produced and how they did it, then they can see how far they need to go to top ATI.

MooCowMan

You'd be surprised at what the E5200 can do, there's quite a few 5200's out there that are running over 4.0GHz stable.

and a GTX 295 is gonna set you back almost as much as an HD 5970, which out performs the GTX 295 by a good amount. Now, for $100 less, you can get the 5870 which the 295 is only a little better than, or Crossfire 4890's :D

and first in market for DX11 means a lot :D it means ATi has a headstart on perfecting their support for DX11, while nvidia is gonna be going through what ATi is going is right now, the first month or two it comes out lol (driver issues and such. )

Me and you are not so different though. I too am waiting for nvidia's answer.. so demand for the HD 5xxx series goes down and I can get a 5770 for even cheaper :thumbup:

From what I see, NVIDIA is generally better but they take longer times to produce new things. First to market doesnt mean better at all, acctually them being first to maket lets NVIDIA look at what they produced and how they did it, then they can see how far they need to go to top ATI.

Neither is better lol, it's a cycle. Nvidia will have the best card, then ATi, then Nvidia, then ATi... you get the point.

For example, when nvidia releases their newest cards and take the crown from ATi.. ATi will release their 5x90 cards and take the crown again, then nvidia will release more and take the crown again lol

Master_7

love me some ATI vs Nvidia... keeps it interesting...

im gonna do some aquamark and 3dmark, so I can post up my scores... would be fun to see whateverybody gets...

Jordan B

You should check the temps are normal on your rig to make sure.

My 7800GT has been running fine for about 2 weeks. And then today my PC wouldn't turn on for some reason.

Well, I'll tell ya, I didn't see it coming. Hard drive failure, as a result of PSU failure, and now, I need at the very least a new MotherBoard and Power supply.

Great. Absolutely fantastic.

*sighs*

Roger117

Why i7 1.7Ghz?

Money restraints?

If your getting i7 and you had the money, then you should get a 2.66Ghz Quad.

Or get an i5, not as good but it'll do.

Hopefully my 5 year old 400W PSU holds up :S. Currently going good as new under heavy usage of COD6. Not enjoying online because of a crappy Belkin PCI WiFi card. Stupid lag spikes every 10 minutes.

MooCowMan

You should check the temps are normal on your rig to make sure.

My 7800GT has been running fine for about 2 weeks. And then today my PC wouldn't turn on for some reason.

Well, I'll tell ya, I didn't see it coming. Hard drive failure, as a result of PSU failure, and now, I need at the very least a new MotherBoard and Power supply.

Great. Absolutely fantastic.

*sighs*
My computer runs 37*c at idle and 54* at load which is pretty normal and when I get the H50 it should drop down to the low-mid 20's at idle and high 30's to low 40's at load. :thumbup: I'm not gonna let my new computer blow up lol.

MooCowMan

I monitor my computer's status at least 3 times a day lol and I put my computer through an OCCT stress test for 3 hours and it didn't crash. :D

Werbung:

Jordan B

Getting one in the next few weeks actually :) Thanks for askin' xD

And Roger, 1.7GHz with a Core i7 easily beats Core 2 Duo @ 2.9 GHz.

As you move up the processor pile, clock rates drop, but that doesn't mean performance does.

Judging by the Windows performance index the 1.7GHz i7 I looked at on a laptop the other day at Harvey Norman easily beat the scores of a C2D 2.7 . Other tests and benchmarks online, but you see my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.