Age of Empires

killman360

age-cole.jpg

"Age of Empires is a series of computer video games developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios. The first title of the series was Age of Empires, released in 1997. Since then, seven titles and three spin-offs have been released. The titles are historical real-time strategy games, and their gameplay revolves around two main game modes: random map and campaign. The games are set amidst historical events. Age of Empires focused on events in Europe and Asia, spanning from the Stone Age to the Iron Age; the expansion game explored the formation and expansion of the Roman Empire. The sequel, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings, was set in the Middle Ages, while its expansion focused on the Spanish conquest of Mexico. The subsequent three games of Age of Empires III explored the early modern period, when Europe was colonizing the Americas and several Asian nations were on the rise. A spin-off game, Age of Mythology, was set in the same period as the original Age of Empires, but focused on fictional elements of Greek, Egyptian, and Norse mythology."

Source: Wikipedia

Discuss.

Werbung:

rocktrns

I love this game.
It keeps your attention for Hours.
I have only played the Trail Version of Age of Empire II,but the Trial Version for Age of Empire III Doesn't work for Windows Vista.

@Killman360 What's your opinion about it?

AOE was my first game i ever played! Ever! I played it for way too long, great game.

@ Rock, AOE 2 Gold edition is like <10$ go pick a copy up!

killman360

@Killman360 What's your opinion about it?

AOE was my first game i ever played! Ever! I played it for way too long, great game.

@ Rock, AOE 2 Gold edition is like <10$ go pick a copy up!

I think that it is a very fun game. Pretty much standard RTS gameplay but very accessible and addicting. :thumbup1:

I have only played AOE 1 and 2 Gold Edition.

It was pretty amazing, plus the cheats where damn cool!, i still remember most of them...

I've been waiting for AOE 3 Gold with both expansion packs to go down in price.
Its sad that Ensemble has been disbanded...

SpIkE_JoNzE

i started in the world of videogames with this masterpiece... simply awesome...and i liek some mods i found...a mod for 1000 pop OMFG!!!! it makes the game so frikin' epic!!!

cvspartan101

I love this game.
It keeps your attention for Hours.
I have only played the Trail Version of Age of Empire II,but the Trial Version for Age of Empire III Doesn't work for Windows Vista.

I have Age of Empires 2... not that I play it. It's an alright game.. but since it's so boring sometimes i use cheat codes lol...

garygofast

Thats funny some love it cause it keeps there attention others are bored lol
I never played it so I"m going to check it out some day just for the curiosity sake
:Banane10::Banane10::Banane10:

Super Six 4

Never played any of them.
but don't get me wrong, I play Medieval II Total War sometimes, but I play the M2TW Kingdoms expansion more, which has four geographical areas, set in the High-Late middle ages. There's the Teutonic Campaign, which includes the Teutonic Order, Denmark (w00t the best), Novgorod, etc. The Britannia campaign focuses on the British Isles, with England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and Norway. Crusades obviously takes place in the Holy Land, with the Principality of Antioch, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Egypt, etc. The Americas Campaign is again an obvious location, and includes all colonizing powers, and indian tribes.

Kind of a mouthful but a great game!

spuznick242

I've seen them before and played them a little bit, but I'm not into the whole itailian renasance era thing, same with assins creed.

Never played any of them.
but don't get me wrong, I play Medieval II Total War sometimes, but I play the M2TW Kingdoms expansion more, which has four geographical areas, set in the High-Late middle ages. There's the Teutonic Campaign, which includes the Teutonic Order, Denmark (w00t the best), Novgorod, etc. The Britannia campaign focuses on the British Isles, with England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and Norway. Crusades obviously takes place in the Holy Land, with the Principality of Antioch, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Egypt, etc. The Americas Campaign is again an obvious location, and includes all colonizing powers, and indian tribes.

Kind of a mouthful but a great game!

I didn't really like medieval Total war, although im thinking about checking out Empire Total war

Werbung:

Super Six 4

I've seen them before and played them a little bit, but I'm not into the whole itailian renasance era thing, same with assins creed.

Italy isn't even included in the Kingdoms expansion, and in the origional, it takes FOREVER to get to the 1400s. Assasians Creed is boss

I didn't really like medieval Total war, although im thinking about checking out Empire Total war

well, each to their own. Empire Total War is AWESOME. I have it too, but it kinda lags, so I don't play it a lot, but it is excellent-the only thing is the cannons suck pretty much, but that's mostly how it was against other infantry.