Almost that time of year again ........

Jordan B

Ok guys, let's get one thing straight.

Christmas is my favourite time of the year, I love it, and count down the days every year when it gets to about .... THIS time.

ONLY
50 Days
21 Hours
29 Minutes TO GO !!!!!!!! (will update every day)

Alrighty, let's get to it.

No.1 - Post your favourite Xmas memory, and why it is .
No.2 - Post what you want for xmas this year :001_rolleyes:

BossMaroni, as the "Father" of the forums, I expect you'll have quite a few fond memories :LOL: , so I expect you to contribute heaps .

Sticking this thread aswell, because I love Christmas THAT much.

:pepsi:

christmas-tree-with-presents.jpg

Werbung:

BossMaroni

BossMaroni, as the "Father" of the forums, I expect you'll have quite a few fond memories :LOL: , so I expect you to contribute heaps .

Oh, I'm ON it. I've been inactive for a couple days, had to fly to Ohio on business (and oh yes was THAT fun). The first thing I did when I got home last night was boot up and play some CA though. :thumbup:

I'll share a few Christmas memories...

Jordan B

Yayz.

It's ok, parents are allowed to be inactive for a few days atleast :)

I don't have time to type out my fav xmas memory just yet, will do it tonight though.

BossMaroni

I'm not sure if I have an absolute FAVORITE Christmas memory, as I have many.

To respond to the two points:

As cool as Christmas is when you're a kid (and YES I remember getting many awesome things over the years), having my own son and seeing his face as he opens his presents is beyond compare. Sometimes, the smaller or simpler then item, the better.

Several years ago, before I got divorced, we got my son a small Spider-Man flip chair kinda thing. More like a child-sized loveseat, actually. We actually got divorced a month after Christmas. When I moved out, that hair came with me and it was big enough that he used it as a bed for MONTHS until I could afford to get him a bed for my new place. (He lives with his mom - I get him on weekends).

After I got the new bed, he refused to sleep in it for quite a while. He said he'd rather sleep on his Spidey seat because he loved it so much.

Now, several years later, he frequently plops it onto the floor in front of the couch when we're watching movies or TV, or when we're playing PS2 games together. Occasionally, he'll fall asleep right there. I'll roll him around until I can get it flipped out, then just grab a blanket and he's good.

More memories later...

For Christmas this year, I just want the same old things. I'm a film freak, so dvds are always good (I have well over 1000). I'm also a huge Star Wars, Lego & Batman geek. I still have my Lego collection from when I was a kid and I've added a LOT to it over the years (I have a couple hundred thousand pieces). My son and I spend more time playing with "our" Legos than we spend doing just about anything else. So I hope to get a few Lego sets for the two of us. (Though he'll probably get more sets than I get, the little punk).

Jordan B

Very nice !

Custody agreements huh ? Alimony ? ;)

Anyway, that's really nice about your kid, some fond memories :)

1. My favourite memory was from way back when I was a young child, and I still believed in Santa - ("He is SO REAL !") . I went to sleep , and when I woke up the next day, somehow my parents had gotten me into the car, and taken me and my Sister to the Beach house. Woke up in a bed inside, with a sack of presents, and we had the nicest day ever, Fish and Chips for lunch, HUGE christmas dinner - It was awesome. Oh the days....

2. What do I want for Christmas ? I would really like ..... I'm not so sure yet, to be honest :)

We'll see :D

spuznick242

I dont have too many great memories of chirstmas when I was younger because my parents are divorced and everything was really hard at the time, and just recently I got in contact with my dad again after almost 10 years of not seeing him, and then last year for christmas, he bought me my Honda XR100R, and to this day, thats the greatest memory I have of him, because it was one of the first real "father, son moments" but it was short lived because we dont get along too much anymore, but it was good while it lasted. And for christmas this year, I dont really know what I want, maybe some ATV parts or a few games or something, but nothing real big or special, because right now things are pretty tight.

BossMaroni

Ah, the sweet, sweet gluttony of Christmas dinner. With the different branches of my family and various divorces over the years, I never fail to have at least three Christmas dinners. Typically, the best involves my son, my mom, my sisters and their husbands and my niece. We all usually bring something to go with the turkey my mom cooks (a turkey dinner is probably my favorite meal). I tend to bring homemade mac & cheese which is always devoured.

Now I'm kinda drooling. Three months to go...

Werbung:

rocktrns

It seems like it was just here a few days ago.

I remember coming on this site on Chris-mas Day.
Spartan sent out a letter to all staff of CAF wishing them a merry Chris-mas.
Time goes by so fast.