Are any of you still using a original 360 from 2006?

Soulwatcher

My cousin is the only person I know that still owns a 360 from 2006. It has been repaired 3 times and he just will not let the thing die lol. Myself I traded in my 2006 360 in on a Elite and I traded the Elite in on a slim. Are any of you still using a original 360 from 2006?

Werbung:
Luckily, mine is still a launch 360. But then again, I also know how to take are of my systems. Both my launch PS3 and 360 work just fine. It's all a matter of vacuuming and climate control.

Kate23

My 360 from 2006 (or was it 2005?) died in 2010 so last year I got another regular 360 since the slim wasn't out yet and it hasn't died yet! I heard I was lucky that my first lasted 5 years because some people went through a few 360's in that time.

houstonwild

My 360 from 2006 RROD'd about a year and a half to 2 years ago, but I sent it in, got it fixed, and I am now still using my original 2006 Xbox 360.

Colour

Nope mines from 2007 I was going to get the one from 2006 to replace my xbox but I heard it had so many problems with overheating I waited

FireNeko

I have my original launch 360 aswell, I would never trade it in. It has tried to die on me 5 times but I keep getting it fixed.

McCallum

I still have my Xbox 360 Pro from around 2008, and luckily I've never had a red ring of death. A lot of my other friends have had problems with the red ring of death on their Xbox 360 consoles though.

The thing is, it's not that hard to take care of your consoles. Even the launch ones can still be working just fine if people took the time to actually care for them.

SneakyDave

That must be a record, an original xbox from 2006, maybe you should call the Guiness book of world records on that one. I got an Xbox 360 "core" (no hard drive) when they came out, and paid something like $500 for it during the limited supply. It's been replaced 3 times, I only had to pay for it to be replaced once.

Been thinking about upgrading to a larger hard drive, because that small 20gig fills up pretty fast. Luckily, the USB drive support works pretty good.

Jessi

I am! To be fair, I don't really end up using it that much, though, so it probably hasn't been worn out enough to end up needing repaired. I'm sure at any given point when I try to turn it on, it'll fail. I can't say I know many people who had original Xboxes that lasted very long.

lynbetz

We still have one but we have the newest one with kinect too. The fan on the old one makes a horrible noise and it eats up disks, but ofcourse my husband won't part with it, says we can watch netflix on it or something, haha

morbidity

I'm actually still using my Xbox 360 Elite when I got it back in 2007 for my birthday. I've gotten about 3 red rings on it in the past couple of years, but the local game shop near me fixes that for $10.00. Since the Xbox 360 Elite still works for me I see no need in buying a new Xbox 360 Slim just because Microsoft recommends people to. If they really want me to get the new system then they should allow us to send in our current Xbox's to grab a hold of their new and improved one.

Werbung:

sammy

I own one, only because I borrowed it from a friend, and it red ringed while in my possession. Felt bad about the situation, and ended up buying the thing off him.

Fixed it once, but it messed up again a few months later. It's in the back of the closet right now.l