1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

Are any of you still using a original 360 from 2006?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox and other MS consoles' started by Soulwatcher, Jun 7, 2011.

1. morbidity

morbidity New Member

Well it's no one's fault that the xbox 360 gets a red ring of death. It was just a mechanical error on Microsoft's behalf. They released millions of bugged consoles onto the market that we would all soon to experience the dramatic 3 red rings. Sure it was shortly fixed, but till today people still remember Microsoft for being that one company to release faulty consoles. I don't think it will ever happen again since they've taken the precautions to make sure it won't ever happen.

2. logyon

logyon New Member

I still have a 360 from 2006 working but it is hardly used. I have an elite that i use instead.

3. lilbigpeeps

lilbigpeeps New Member

Yes ha ha.
    I still play the original Halo and Splinter Cell on there too.
    Don't tell anyone though.

4. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Member

I think I had a 360 from 2007 and he didn't make it. He started giving me the RROD during a LEGo Batman session and then it was downhill from there. Fortunately, it didn't take long for them to come out with the Slim as I would've wanted it anyway.

5. omarfw

omarfw Member

My friend Benj is still using his original first generation Xbox 360. I'm not sure how it's lasted this long even without the RROD problem. Guess manufacturing is just that undependable.

6. micromachne

micromachne New Member

My original ps3 and 360 still work. But I'm also known to keep my systems in well vented areas and clean.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA New Member

Nope, my first 360 got the Red Ring of Death so I'm currently on my second 360.

8. Snrm007

Snrm007 New Member

I had the original 2006 360 up until a month after the launch of Halo Reach. I was playing Reach for hours upon hours so the red ring of death was inevitable in the situation. Since I didn't have any warranty obviously I decided to buy a Slim 360. When you upgrade from a launch 360 to the newest model the change in the amount of sound that your system makes is phenomenal.

9. Acid409

Acid409 New Member

I honestly don't know how some people can have an original xbox 360 from back then. I got RROD once and I did some research and took my xbox apart and redid some soldering and it has been good every since.

I know a few people with the original that need to just let it die, they have sent it back about 10 times already.

I still have an original, but I also have a slim. I don't use my original as much anymore though.