Armor

CrazyCarl487

I was wondering how the armor works. It looks like the default is no vest at all. Then it says if you buy light vest, your protection is reduced and speed is gained. This doesn't really make since, why would light vest protect less than no vest?

Also does a helmet protect just the head like its supposed to, or is it just a total armor addition?

Werbung:

Love

Well, as of now, it's somewhat like this.
Heavy Armor adds a slight addition to your defense against bullets, though it reduces your speed.
Light Armor will reduce defense against bullets, but raise speed.

Heavy armor is pretty much, well.
Both, good and bad.
As the armor will deflect bullet damage more, though the slowness will catch you, if you're trying to flee the scene.

Light armor will help fleeing the scene, though work against you whilst you're at face to face combat.
Therefore, standard armor is the ideal choice.

tl;dr Buy a combat beanie instead of a vest.

(I referred to armor as vest, as it works somewhat like armor.)

Helmets are intent of protection to damage dealt by your head area, though with or without a helmet, you WILL die within a single shot to the head.
Therefore, FOR NOW helmets are useless, wait until they fix this, then they will be slightly worth the GP.
Though they are overpriced, so not an ideal bang for your buck.

Tobi31

Well, as of now, it's somewhat like this.
Heavy Armor adds a slight addition to your defense against bullets, though it reduces your speed.
Light Armor will reduce defense against bullets, but raise speed.

Heavy armor is pretty much, well.
Both, good and bad.
As the armor will deflect bullet damage more, though the slowness will catch you, if you're trying to flee the scene.

Light armor will help fleeing the scene, though work against you whilst you're at face to face combat.
Therefore, standard armor is the ideal choice.

tl;dr Buy a combat beanie instead of a vest.

(I referred to armor as vest, as it works somewhat like armor.)

Helmets are intent of protection to damage dealt by your head area, though with or without a helmet, you WILL die within a single shot to the head.
Therefore, FOR NOW helmets are useless, wait until they fix this, then they will be slightly worth the GP.
Though they are overpriced, so not an ideal bang for your buck.
Actually it works like this.
Light vest= boost agility 110%, armor 80%
Heavy vest=boost agility 80%, armor 110%

Love

Actually it works like this.
Light vest= boost agility 110%, armor 80%
Heavy vest=boost agility 80%, armor 110%

I'm aware of that..
I'm asking the benefits, not the percentage of the item's effect.

How does that help?
It helps, but creates another problem, therefore NOT being a solution.

Roger117

I find the other types of armor useless. I prefer my protection to be balanced and such. As they said before, the light vest (light armor), gives the bearer better speed but less protection against firearms. A heavy vest (heavy armor), gives the bearer better protection against firearms, but reduced speed. Helmets I find are useless, because it is pretty much a one shot kill in the head. In the end, I wouldn't spend the money on these items, you would benefit on spending the money or guns/explosives etc.

Pattack

Default you are wearing a 'Medium Vest'. If you look at the merc 'Zadan' or something like that, he is listed as wearing a 'Medium Vest' which I assume is +0% speed, +0% armor. So you have 100% armor, and 100% speed.

Light Vest: 110% speed, 85% Armor
Medium Vest: 100% Speed, 100% Armor
Heavy Vest: 90% Speed 115% Armor.

I am not 100% sure, but fairly positive this is the case.

Tobi31

I'm aware of that..
I'm asking the benefits, not the percentage of the item's effect.

How does that help?
It helps, but creates another problem, therefore NOT being a solution.
What i meant is that it boosts ur speed/ armor respectivly to each vest.

Werbung: