Carnival

Fladian

Everyone has their own sight about certain nations. Not too long ago, I spoke with someone who still believed that the Dutch walked on cl... ah, never mind...

Werbung:

Fladian

Well, most were believed to be farmers. I guess I could live with it when someone would say that to me when I would be living further up North, but besides me supporting a team from the North, I am not Frisian... unfortunately.

Depends to what you're used to, I guess. I don't think anyone of you would want to walk in my shoes... literally.

Raiju

:) Do you have la chupacabra there in Mexico? ;)
[/b]

El chupacabra? jajajaja, some people really believe in it, but i dont

what makes me annoyed is when some american punk ask me where can he get some "jumping beans". ridiculous

Oh well, I'd like to see a carnival one day.....[/b]

what binds you in the ice punk?

Everyone has their own sight about certain nations. Not too long ago, I spoke with someone who still believed that the Dutch walked on cl... ah, never mind...[/b]

I dunno if this only happens in méxico but, Holland is the country with the most nicknames i ever saw. They vary from "Los Países Bajos" to "La Laranja Mecánica". Rough translated as "The Low Countries" and "The Mechanic Orange"

dont ask me why of the orange, its simply dutch's nick here :/

Fladian

I dunno if this only happens in méxico but, Holland is the country with the most nicknames i ever saw. They vary from "Los Países Bajos" to "La Laranja Mecánica". Rough translated as "The Low Countries" and "The Mechanic Orange"

dont ask me why of the orange, its simply dutch's nick here :/
[/b]
Orange, or 'Oranje' in Dutch, is the pride of the Netherlands... I don't like the color :p
When any athlete gets in a world/european/whatever event, he, or she is always dressed in Orange. I can use football as the best example, as it is my favorite sport. Every player is mostly dressed in Orange, and it is mostly a tradition.
There also was some royal guy named '<enter name here> van Oranje' (<insert name> of Orange) and all that stuff. I don't know too much about it. I took it as granted.

Of course, then there is Holland and the Netherlands. (Nederland and Holland, in Dutch) I'm not sure about any differences in it...

Raiju

I believe the name of the guy is William van Oranje

There is a soccer scene that simply doesnt leaves my mind, it was in 1998's cup, holland kicked mexico butt (pity), i dont remember if it was quarter or semi finals, but Brazil anihilated holland that day. We made a party here to comemorate that at least YOU were not going to win the cup =]

Fladian

I believe the name of the guy is William van Oranje[/b]
Oh yes, that reminds me. It's 'Willem van Oranje', not "William". =)

There is a soccer scene that simply doesnt leaves my mind, it was in 1998's cup, holland kicked mexico butt (pity), i dont remember if it was quarter or semi finals, but Brazil anihilated holland that day. We made a party here to comemorate that at least YOU were not going to win the cup =][/b]
I'm not too sure about all that. I started to follow football/soccer intensively since three years ago. For all my life, people have been asking me what club I support. For years, I tried to avoid the question by switching to a different subject, or name a team hardly anyone knows. For those who know the teams, I remember naming 'Zwart-Wit' (Amateur), 'Fortuna Sittard' and 'Go Ahead Eagles'. A little confused look appeared on the faces, but it kept them quiet.
At some day when I gave it a little interest, I started to focus a little at Vitesse (Arnhem) because of multiple reasons. But because of my lack of interest in the sport, I never mentioned Vitesse. During my 'interest' for Vitesse, the questions of what club I support kept coming. By coincidence, I read 'SC Heerenveen' on a list, and named that. Little did I know of the team itself back then, but in opposite of the amateur, Zwart-Wit (Black-White), the weak Fortuna and Go Ahead, I got a very strange look directed at me, and often the reaction of: "Heerenveen? :/"
Funny enough, most questions stopped then. I didn't know the reason why it stopped, or what Heerenveen was exactly. Three years ago, I decided to give the team some research and I started to like it more and more. I've read about everything I could find, and know just about all general stuff from the team as the back of my hand. But the once great player, 'Abe Lenstra', the calm and peaceful team and the friendliest supporters/fans from the Netherlands, really convinced me of everything.
Nowadays, I stick around with everything of the entire area there. But like I said, I'm not from the North (Heerenveen is up north), though I wish I was.
*uhhum*

WK is coming up again...

MeTaL GuArD

Rough translated as "The Low Countries"[/b]

Netherlands sound similiar to that, more like the Low Lands, as Netherlands (or Holland) are placed really low.

By the way: Nether dragons... Netherland dragons? :yay: Yeah i know what nether is in there, but it still is funny...

Fladian

When I was young and read about "Nether"-creatures, I always had to chuckle. But that was a long time ago, unfortunately...

Low they are, but I've lived here for all my life. I don't know any better.

Fladian

To be honest, it is something I do not even dare to imagine. Funny enough, I do remember discussing something like that back in elementery school. Something of a world map in <insert a high numer> years from now.

Werbung:

Raiju

Thread Necromancy!

Yes, but i have to say this, carnival is over...

Oh my only next year now!

When some pictures of mine get out i may post some of them here