Carnival

Fladian

It was no real need to say that Carnaval was over.

I didn't notice much of carnaval. I saw some random stuff on TV and I heard some DJ's say something about it, but I gave it no particular attention. The only thing that grabbed my attention was when DJ Paf mentioned that his assistent was going to do something with carnaval for the first time.
Besides that, I completely ignored it. Childish stuff...

Werbung:

Fladian

To be honest, there is only one holiday I know by date, and that's New Year. :p

I let myself get notified for all other holidays.

Fladian

That question has been roaming throughout my (school) class for the entire year. "When does the vacation start?" and "when do we have some free days?", usually, I can't answer any of them :p

Fladian

The Olympics lived here quite well, but it was me who didn't give much about it. Uhm... 'speed scating' (or something like that) is it called in English, what is living here quite well. Mind the medals that were won.

I ignored most of the entire Olympics. The only thing I knew about the Olympics were from Radio 538's morning DJ, Edwin Evers, his two side-kicks, his visitors, ex-title holder comedian Heerschop and his friend, Viggo. Besides of what they said during their show, I know nothing about it.
Only last friday I heard three DJ's shout: "Gold~!!!", which gave me quite a good impression as well.

I was invited last monday to go and 'welcome' the Olympic players, but I refused. Not because I didn't want to, but I knew something would come up. Of course, I was right. I got the flu, which I still have. A light one, mind you, but bad enough to keep me from traveling throughout the entire country.

Undead_Lives

I'm just astounded that Canada got so many o_O
But let's not go off topic.
The only carnival I've ever seen (or something like it) was when I was very young (like 5) and there was the Teddy Bear Parade....

Fladian

Back at elementery school, we were (more or less) forced to celebrate carnaval. I didn't mind it back then, after all, I was young. Yet, I never understood the full purpose.

The only thing of carnaval that remains for me is a coat and a pants. The coat still fits - even now - though the pants stopped fitting since two or three years ago.

Werbung:

Fladian

That was during the age of 4 - 7 or so. Even if you weren't forced during that age, more than 99% would go out of their own will. Dressing up like something, or someone you like or admire is great for such an age.

I can recall not having much of a choice, but I never really mind it. I always liked it back then... but I grew out of it.
If I had to dress up to look like the guy I admire, I need surgery. :p