Cheapest (UK/Euro) Wii Points

beano

I really want Wii points but I hate the feeling that I'm getting ripped off by being a UK consumer. I also think £6 is far too much to pay for a megadrive/snes game. You could buy the cartridge on ebay for less than that and then at least you'd be able to sell it or swap it when you'd finished.

ANYWAY, I was looking for cheap places to get Wii Pointss.

The best I can find are:

£11.95 at Tesco
(ref link)
£12.95 at 101cd.com or BlahDVD

You can also get cashback from these sites (usually around 3% to 8%) if you sign up to TopCashBack (ref link again). I've accumulated about a tenner on this so far.

Werbung:

beano

Thanks for that beano. I always thought £15 was a rip off..

It is. The fact that the yanks pay about a tenner really ****es me off (Although I don't know if the US prices include sales tax).
Wikimedia Error

That said, it's the complete absence of resale value that is probably the biggest reason why it's a rip-off. I suppose if you appreciate the convenience of having your old games on your Wii instead of having separate boxes it might be worth it, but that's all I can think of.

or you could get them off nintendo of europe if you have enough stars

I have 500 points from Nintendo so far from VIP stars - just enough to turn my 2000 points into 3 mega drive/SNES games instead of 2-and-a-half. Though I may splash out on an N64 game instead (never did play Mario 64).

beano

Matt I can't edit my original post. Is this deliberate? I was going to keep it up to date if I found any better offers.

beano

Just to let folk know - I received my Wii Points last night (they could have come on either Monday or Tuesday though) and 62p cashback has tracked so the total cost per 100 wii points was 56p (or £4.48 for a SNES/Mega Drive game).

Just need to decide what to spend it on now.

Werbung:

evilflame

If you can find out where the cheapest place to get microsoft points is?

And, Wii points were over-priced, it's not that they were over-priced it's probably the games you buy are more than likely over-priced.

But this is how they are making money, plus it does add some new features like in some cases better graphics and the save point feature.