Christmas lights screwing with your wiimote?

Jesusdragon737

Well, since this is the Christmas season, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I was putting up Christmas lights in my room; first up high on my wall, then I decided to put up an extra string on a small Christmas tree and keep that in my room. I keep my Christmas tree right next to my TV, and whenever I'm in my room I like having the lights on. A few days after having my tree there, my wiimote kept flickering, and I had no clue what it was. There was nothing blocking my sensor bar, so I assumed it had to do with my charging station, and it was really aggrivating. So today I decided to completely disconnect my sensor bar and reconnect it, because I thought that might have something to do with it, but it didn't help at all. Then I realized that the wiimote picks up light signals, and the Christmas lights must be messing with it. I unplugged all my lights and it worked fine! I was really worried my sensor bar or something was broken. This is just a warning to everybody to not put up any Christmas lights by the TV.

Werbung:

Pinkprincess

Thanks for letting us know. The only place our tree will fit is by the TV. I'll just have to remember to switch the christmas tree lights off when we are playing on the wii:001_rolleyes:

killman360

That is really weird, I have no lights near my Wii, so I have not experienced this problem of course, but that is a cool discovery, though it was probably really frustrating as you mentioned.

gunners-4-life

i have heard of this problem last christmas, lucky for me that i play on the second tv which is really far away from anything christmassy, apart from snow in the garden (if uk ever gets any)

rtk93

thats really weird. thanks for the heads up, i have a small christmas tree with lights on it right next to my Wii. Luckily it hasn't done anything to it yet.

Werbung: