Christmas songs

Fladian

Christmas is probably my favorite time of year when it comes to holidays. But in truth, I don't do much during Christmas... next to eating. Especially since last year, I've been stocking myself up with songs from just about everything, this being partly related to my big interest in FM radio.

Now my question is, do any of you have some (modern, preferrable, I already have a box full of 'jingle bells') Christmas songs which are worth recommending. Most Christmas songs that are played are becoming a bit too common (think of Destiny's Child, Mariah Carey, Wham, etc.) and I would be interested in hearing some new ones from time to time. Of course there are numerous of songs that relate to the same kind of mood, but that really isn't what I am searching for.

Despite that I really like Christmas, I don't have a high number of Christmas songs because I only play them in the last month of the year (December, red.), which is quite little. There are only a few minor exceptions. One of the Christmas songs on my computer is counted as one of my favorite songs of all times and I honestly cannot wait eleven months every year just to play that song. :p

My personal favorite song is On Christmas Day (not to mistake with his more famous song, Christmas Time) of Canadian artist, Bryan Adams, (which cannot be confused with Ryan Adams) who is generally not very lively anymore among most audiences. (Non-Christmas)Songs that are probably (still) known by the younger public would be Summer of '69, Everything I do (I do it for you) and When you're gone. At the place where I live, hardly anyone who is younger than me still remember him. Christmas Time, Reggae Christmas and [/i]Run Rudolph Run[/i] are three other Christmas songs of him, which I all like. Merry Christmas Everybody of Flippen is a song I am pretty fond of as well; it is by far not an original song anymore, but I like it more than the original. Most other Christmas songs I currently posses are either sung in my home language or are old classics, which I won't even bother mentioning. =)

Any recommendation of Christmas songs would be appreciated.

Werbung:

Squishy-1

some of my favorite christmas songs out of the ordinary are
santa's gone crazy - wierd al
thank god its christmas - queen
queen just plain rocks and wierd al is funny

Fladian

Diablo II (expansion) Guide

some of my favorite christmas songs out of the ordinary are
santa's gone crazy - wierd al
thank god its christmas - queen
queen just plain rocks and wierd al is funny
Okay, I'll try that 'Weird Al' one. Queen is a classic, not only do I already have that one, it isn't even worth mentioning anymore.

Bryan Adams is a legend up here in Canada :p

Well, that's not really a surprise, it being his place of birth after all. I find it quite unfortunate that hardly anyone knows him here anymore, he being my favorite artist and all. I recently read that he was still performing much in Italy and Germany, so I just might go to Germany one time just to see him perform. :p

Truth to be known, I was shocked when I heard a (now a friend) project-member at school's ringtone on his phone. It was the tune of Summer of '69.

yeah i cant say i even know who bryan adams is and i live right off the coast
Again, I thought as much. Therefore I added a small list of songs which got him fame.

Werbung:

Jupackazoin

Santas gone crazy is an excellent song, werid Al has some pretty clever songs ;)
Bryan Adams is still popular, just kinda pops up every now and then. At least in Australia.