Commando: Knives or Pistols?

BulletEater

Knives are bad in my opinion because they can pretty much be avoided in any situation. The only time knifers really get kills are either with 1) noobs, 2) camping/scoping commando noobs that don't move or check their health while they snipe, and 3) any other situation where people don't notice the commando (I.E. chaos happening at lookout and no one notices the knifers running around). Knives are mostly used by newbies who think it's cool with all of the "knife commando" guides and videos, when in reality knives are pretty much the worst weapon in the game.

Sniper/Pistol Commando vs. Knife Commando
If the sniper has at least level 1 elixir, that's enough to fight back at a knifing commando. When the knifer uses elixir, the sniper simply uses elixir as well. It doesn't matter if the knifer has a higher level elixir either since all levels of elixir have the same speed and duration. The only difference is the shield which doesn't really have much of an effect if the sniper uses elixir to run away and snipe them from afar. Heck, if anything the sniper can just use elixir to run away or ambush and surprise the knifer.

If the commando has a pistol in hand, he can beat the knifer easy. The long and short-range pistols do just fine at short to medium range and should be enough to take the knifer out while putting a distance so the pistol commando doesn't get stabbed. When the knifer uses elixir, the pistol commando uses elixir as well. Then while he's charging at you, shoot at him. The knifers only two options then are to run away or die.

This is why I always carry a pistol and sniper rifle as a commando. Knives are just WAY too easy to avoid and are too situational to use. Pistols cover any situation a knife can do and more. Plus, commandos absolutely stink at extreme close range. A smart commando would be distancing himself from his target, not getting closer to him, possibly getting one kill, then getting raped by his kill's teammates.

Soldier vs. Knife Commando
Level 1 blasting strike is already enough to push away a knifer, disabling his ability to stab the soldier as the knifer needs to be right next to his target to deal damage. Plus the the blasting strike can even slam him into a wall or cause him to fall from a great height to take damage, which is lethal against commandos as they have low health. Soldiers are also obviously well-equipped for close and medium ranged battles with their SMGs and shotguns, so it's very easy to take down any knifer whether they're next to a soldier or far away from one after a blasting strike. Heal also comes in handy, making the knifer's attack pretty much useless even if the knifer got a lucky stab in.

Gunner vs. Knife Commando
Gunners have way too much health. It'll take a while for a knifer to take down a gunner without poisoned blade, and the gunner has the shield skill to up his defense to reduce any damage he takes. Plus, leg it which allows him to run faster than a jeep and mow down the knifer with a machine gun or shotgun or just run away.

Knife Commando vs. Knife Commando
Both run around at each other stabbing like a madman. People around them watch them like they're stupid and shoot the enemy knifer down. That or one of them just steps back, realizes two knifers going at it is just plain stupid, and then shoots the other with a sniper rifle or pistol. Definitely hilarious to laugh at. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. But trust me, there are plenty of opportunities for you to see this.

Werbung:

Nurech

Very nice and very true. However commando vs commando, do elixir escape, leave troop trap behind on your way and go stealth and your scot free to shoot the other commando down then.

Jack Padousdous

I think the pistol is usefull but it does not enough damage, against a gunner or soldier it's useless either. The soldier its a easy kill if you come from the back with a knife but with a gun you need to reload atleast. I can with the knife vs pistol by letting the pistol use his elixer then step back and use my sniper. I prefer the knife because it does more damage at very close range. For longer ranges just use your sniper.

Although I can't chose between them. I'll try the pistol again but I don't think it will have effect.

BulletEater

Jack Padousdous said:
I think the pistol is usefull but it does not enough damage, against a gunner or soldier it's useless either. The soldier its a easy kill if you come from the back with a knife but with a gun you need to reload atleast. I can with the knife vs pistol by letting the pistol use his elixer then step back and use my sniper. I prefer the knife because it does more damage at very close range. For longer ranges just use your sniper.

Although I can't chose between them. I'll try the pistol again but I don't think it will have effect.
Not really. The short-ranged pistol has enough to take out an unshielded gunner in one clip. Sure you'd have to sneak up on him, but you'd need to sneak up him any way with a knife. Plus you'd have the option to run away while damaging him from a distance as well, which is why I believe they're more diverse than knives.

As for letting the pistol commando step back and then sniping, note he might have a sniper rifle as well. All he needs to do is take it out too. Also he has the option of charging up to you while you're scoping and circle you so it's impossible to shoot you. Then he can just shoot you down with his pistol.

KingRick said:
What about both?

And no sniper rifle :D
As long as you have max stealth, you'll be dealing a lot of damage, especially with the pistol if you have the long to very long range one, but most of the time you'll only be dealing damage and not getting kills. Compared to a sniper, you'll struggle to get a good K/D ratio. In firefights you can only deal so much damage since if you're noticed your health will dwindle really fast, and you'll usually only get kills from unsuspecting players from a distance which would mostly be scoping snipers. Snipers can really take down pistol/knife commandos easy since if they get too close an elixir back and snipe with piercing shot should be enough to take them out. If they get too close for sniping the next two options are to run away or pistol them to death.

siddhartha

The only way to have effective knife usage is a high stealth. You can deal double damage on the forward and back stroke of the knife if you are close enough. Interesting enough, when I was doing the pistol missions, a very long range and a short range pistol with my commando easily racked up over 15 kills per game.

IMajorMalteI

Imo knive should only be 2ndary weapon if you really feel good at kniving or you go as melee commando..If you wannna snipe,I'd recommend the fastes pistol as you caqn own those guys walking towards you to knive you then quite easily...

ForeverSoldier

My knife's my primary weapon, and I can get 8-2's and such regularly. Flag cappers, campers, and people I just want to sneak up on usually can't react fast enough to 3 or 4 quick stabs. :D

SERCYNALIC

Although using the pistol instead of the knife is usefull against other commandos, it's basically useless against gunners and soldiers.

I've tried using the fast pistol, and I owned a lot of knifing commandos, it's those juicy fat gunners that I now have to worry about. When I'm using the knife, I can go toe to toe with a gunner, but the pistol is useless against them as u have to reload and that takes away 2 secs of ur time.

And I love to use the knife/long range pistol; it's a ton of fun:lol But what happens when there's a really long range camper shooting at u? Your pistol might not see him that clearly as he's too far away.

Now I have gone back to knife/Pip's Popper, and I'm owning!:lol

And seriously, how often do u meet up with commandos that are a lot better than u? I love knifing commandos in the back and gunners too!

Slartibartfast

From my experience knife aint worth it. That "poof" sound pretty much kills your fun.

Commando pops elixir, back away while shooting you in the process from rifle (7/10) or pistol (9/10)
Soldier just blasts you away and shreds you to pieces (10/10)
Gunner legs it and runs/shoots, and even if not, shield, fast/middle machine gun are more than you need to kill a measly 80hp.

Werbung:

Samlc1

Very fast pistol ftw! Awesome gun against commandos with knives. Sometimes gets you out of trouble if you can't finish a soldier or gunner.