Could GTA V's main character be a cop?

omarfw

Grand Theft Auto V is quickly moving to the top of many “most anticipated games” lists. The announcement of a new Rockstar game always sparks a rapidly spreading fire of rumor and speculation, and this time is certainly no different. Rumors of the game’s setting were put to rest long ago by Rockstar’s announcement trailer, which proved that the series would once again be returning to the fictional state of San Andreas, more specifically, the city of Los Santos and some of the surrounding areas. However, the big question on everyone’s mind is: Who are we playing as?

Many gamers, myself included, first believed that Grand Theft Auto V‘s main character would be another criminal looking to get out of the business. Only this time, based on the narration in the trailer, it seemed like the protagonist was already retired and looking to stay out, according to his statement about his “former line of work” and “being a good guy for once.” The more I dug into this particular statement, it seemed that I had been wrong from the beginning. With the recent information surfacing that Rockstar voice actors for several FIB characters (the game world’s version of the FBI), it looks like the main character could be some sort of retired agent.

Could GTA V's Main Character Be a Cop?

Sounds interesting. Cops in GTA are usually a bit of an anomaly that you shoot at, not characters with actual back-stories.

Werbung:

GAS91

I would really be very supervised if the main character of GTA V was a police officer. In all the GTA series video games the main character has always been a gangster who fights against the law. I do not think that game developers want to change that since I am sure that most of us, GTA fans, would not like it at all. In fact, I think that the story would not be as interesting as it should be since I have played many video games like True Crime, The Getaway, Driver or LA Noire and none of them has an interesting story as any of the GTA released so far. I honestly hope this rumor is not true.

omarfw

I would really be very supervised if the main character of GTA V was a police officer. In all the GTA series video games the main character has always been a gangster who fights against the law. I do not think that game developers want to change that since I am sure that most of us, GTA fans, would not like it at all. In fact, I think that the story would not be as interesting as it should be since I have played many video games like True Crime, The Getaway, Driver or LA Noire and none of them has an interesting story as any of the GTA released so far. I honestly hope this rumor is not true.

Perhaps he's an ex-cop turned criminal? That would still work and it would definitely be interesting too. We've seen the whole criminal underworld storyline before. It's getting old honestly.

PLAXORYSM

The excop turned criminal idea might work, but it seems unlikely as the main draw to GTA for new people is the ability to commit random crimes at will, which most police officers aren't likely to do. I must agree, the storyline does get old though.

Werbung: