CS:S hitboxes

Intro

That shit is hardcore - and by hardcore, I mean gay.

That's the first time I've heard the studio cut of 'Passive' - I'd only heard the live version before. I like it.. I like it a lot.

Werbung:

Puppet

Here is a good article that explains the hitboxes.

http://www.pro-hl.com/column_bomberman_1.shtml

Here is something interesting I found about that video at the top of this thread. I also found several articles that say the person who created the video was goofing with cl_interp cvar which causes this effect:

I just went and tested this.
I use all default settings, nothing abnormal, and the hitboxes do in fact appear in front of the models..

HOWEVER, when I shoot at the hitboxes with the awp, nothing happens. I tested this multiple times and it just doesn't register as a hit unless you hit the actual model, not these drawn hitboxes.

Its quite likely that the sv_showhitboxes command doesn't work well. since it would have been used for debuging perposes only, valve didn't need to fine tune it.
I'm actually thinking that the hitboxes might be being drawn on a different thread or something, perhapse the delay would be less noticible on a faster machine.

SJsniperjoe

lol, same ICeman, I think they were trying to get a feeling for realistic fire? maybe leading the bullets to hit the victim??? But they're way off. lol.

Loudboy

okkkkk....im a dork and ive gone and done this

i loaded the cs: source code up and checked out some of the hit box drawing features. all on different threads. sv_showhitboxes is not the ingame hitboxes. those were for debug(as commented in code and are of no use now)

{Iceman}

I've heard of leading targets, buy given that a bullet is travelling faster than the speed of sound (330 m/s) and the average human walks with a gun at about 2 m/s (at best) then the lead distance (assuming you're aiming from 100 m is about... 0.2 m. Why is the box a good foot in front of the guy!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Puppet

You've gotta read all the posts Ice. The show hit box was for debugging and was never improved upon. Check my post above where a guy tested it and saw the hitbox in front of the player but when he shoots at that box it doesn't register. Only shooting at the body would register. It's bullshit.

{Iceman}

I know Puppet, i read through that, I was just trying to be funny. :oops: Guess it didn't work which means I probably shouldn't become a comedian, lol.

Werbung: