Dead Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvspartan101

Ok, I've been noticing a couple of things here. First, IDK why the old CAF merged with all these other DEAD forums. Second, there's only like 20 active people and thousands of inactive people. It says there are about 10k registered members and I've only seen less than like 50 people

Werbung:

rocktrns

Yes,We do need some members to stay active,but I guess we have to be patient.
Hopefully the VB 4.0,and the new Homepage will bring in some more members.

MooCowMan

Yes,We do need some members to stay active,but I guess we have to be patient.
Hopefully the VB 4.0,and the new Homepage will bring in some more members.

*sigh* Unfortunately, vB isn't going to completely help this site. Gamesonly isn't gonna be the only site switching to vB 4.0 so it's not gonna make this site anymore special. Most people don't even care about what version of vB GO has. Meh.. this is all I'm gonna say, I don't want to get banned again..

rocktrns

*sigh* Unfortunately, vB isn't going to completely help this site. Gamesonly isn't gonna be the only site switching to vB 4.0 so it's not gonna make this site anymore special. Most people don't even care about what version of vB GO has. Meh.. this is all I'm gonna say, I don't want to get banned again..
Well,Then what do you think will make the site more Special?

SpIkE_JoNzE

well yes doodz...the inactivity of most members is terrible for this forum..they should put a rule of banning everyone who don't post at least 3 times a week...or something liek that...

garygofast

Hey Spike thats good idea
I noticed there was like over a 100 guest on but just me as a member
Thats the most people I've seen on this site at one time
We get new members but a lot of them are Spammers

MooCowMan

Gamesonly needs a focus.. I've said it enough.

Having a cluttered forum full of random subjects isn't going to attract people. If you're gonna have a general gaming forum, have a general gaming forum.. not a CS:S/WoW/Dead Rising/Combat Arms/AvA/ Metal Gear solid forum.

CAF was more successful because it was a Combat Arms forum, not a Combat Arms/Gran Turismo/Fallout 3 forum. It didn't even have an admin for most of the time and it was still more successful.

I don't mean to get anyone mad.. just saying.

rocktrns

well yes doodz...the inactivity of most members is terrible for this forum..they should put a rule of banning everyone who don't post at least 3 times a week...or something liek that...
That rule would'nt be good!
Then we would have to ban over 10,000 members.
What if you went away for the weekend?
I think that rule is a bit harsh.

mrman226

Having a cluttered forum full of random subjects isn't going to attract people. If you're gonna have a general gaming forum, have a general gaming forum.. not a CS:S/WoW/Dead Rising/Combat Arms/AvA/ Metal Gear solid forum.

CAF was more successful because it was a Combat Arms forum, not a Combat Arms/Gran Turismo/Fallout 3 forum. It didn't even have an admin for most of the time and it was still more successful.

I've sent of couple of PM's to Walter about organization, and he always asks me what I think should be done, but I never really have an answer because I'm not sure exactly what you can do on vBulletin, or pretty much any other forum system.

Jordan B

What Seth has said is correct. We do need a focus.

It seems like the forum regulars are just that, regulars, and the members are like members of a golf club ; they only come here once a month .

It's not cool. =/

What I mean, is that right now, it seems like we are the only one's keeping the site active. What happened to hundreds of members of the Wii forum ? Apart from a few dedicated members, combatarmsforums.com seems to be the only active site.

I'm sure that if we went back to the combatarmsforums.com domain, we would have more hits.

garygofast

i think you have everyone scraching there head rite now trying to think of something
to make this forum better
:hmmmm2:I no offer free BEER for every post :beerglass:

MooCowMan

What Seth has said is correct. We do need a focus.

It seems like the forum regulars are just that, regulars, and the members are like members of a golf club ; they only come here once a month .

It's not cool. =/

What I mean, is that right now, it seems like we are the only one's keeping the site active. What happened to hundreds of members of the Wii forum ? Apart from a few dedicated members, combatarmsforums.com seems to be the only active site.

I'm sure that if we went back to the combatarmsforums.com domain, we would have more hits.
I miss CAF, I'm sure a lot of us do..

Werbung:

SpIkE_JoNzE

yes, well thats good thing but, how about those like me that only play CA, and barely post in other gamis sections...?

Status
Not open for further replies.