Diablo II (expansion) Guide

Squishy-1

Ok so i figured out some one deleted the diablo 2 section of the forum probably because most people who are on forums realize that diablo 2 is extremely easy and corrupted by duped items but anyway since i can feel more helpful (for thoose of the few who found this site on google or thoose who do play d2) to share my custom builds and strategies...

The key to success on diablo 2 lod is this
*Don't buy anything with perfect stats it is duped and will poof on you
*It is much cheaper to make your own rune words
*Don't join duel games untill you are established with you're character

First
Leveling up
there are 3 ways to level
1. Lvl 1-15 Tristram runs
Lvl 16-20 Tombs
Lvl 21-24 Normal Cows
Lvl 24-40 Normal Baal
Lvl 41-60 Nightmare Baal
Lvl 61-99 Hell Baal

2. Bug rush
A bug rush is when you do not meet requirements to finish the ancients quest, the simple way to bypass this is be in a party with someone who gets the quest of baal completed, and Voila you are in the next difficulty.
after being bug rushed to hell mode do nothing but chaos runs untill you are level 80, then do hell baal.

3. The third way is to simply go through the game without contacting anyone else leveling yourself completely, though this is usually more boring and time consuming you do get more out of the game

Understanding runes
Runes are the common currency in diablo II lord of destruction, if you are transferring from diablo II classic it will be much more difficult to get a grip on. simply runes are never the same price, if you want to find out the value of a rune go into the channels for trade under channels tab after when you select a character from your realm

you can find a list of the runes here

Synergies

Many people wonder how some amazons do 200k damage with javalins using poison javalin and this is by synergies
to find out a synergie move your curser over a spell the synergies are located at the bottom. items giving level bonuses to abilities don't add into synergies to contrary belief

Items

This is a slight more advanced part in which you must know some algebra and also have come in contact with many types of items

First there are a few things to get down there are
Ilvl's which are the level of the item, items levels are 1-99 and will only change based on cube recipies. Ilvl's are based on what monster you get the item off of (ie a carver in normal would be a 1 whereas baal in hell is a 99). just because baal happens to be a 99 doesnt mean everything is in a constant slope, the next best place for items is in the cave in the tamaoe highlands. If a items level is 1 it can only make level 1 items if an item is level 2 it has chance for 1 or 2 alll the way to 99 when it can be anything.
Clvl's are the characters level and nothing more. a few rune words are dependant on your characters level which is why you should always make them with your highest level character.
Qlvl is the items quality there are a few different qualities
Normal Rare Unique Magic Crafted and finally Socketed

normal items have no special qualities
Rare items are items with randomly generated prefixes and suffixes based off ilvl
Unique items are items with a set value of properties
A magic item is a item with 1 or 2 properties based off the name of the item
Crafted items are items made in your cube by way of a recipie, they are based off the recipie and are just like rare items except more certain
Socketed items are normal items with sockets in it go figure... you can put runes jewels and gems in them

Character Builds
Character builds will be added as people post them and at the moment i am tired so i will right more later

Werbung:

Fladian

Not much of a guide if you ask me... but by all means, this forum never had a Diablo forum before, as I recall. Besides that, isn't this a Warcraft forum?

Squishy-1

i remember something about diablo in the games section but anyway im no where near finished with it and will add more later, and yes it is a warcraft forum but there are very few warcraft related posts...

Fladian

Alright, then I'll correct myself. A Warcraft modding forum. There are many related posts to that.

Good luck with the guide though.

unfortunately, diablo 2 is prty old...i used to play it the orig and lod, but now i just play warcraft :p yah i agree with fladian thats not really helpful tips to level up...

Squishy-1

kinda hard to give good tips on leveling pretty much its dont die and stay within the vacinity of the strongest person whos willing to help you

ps.
if you have anything to add post and ill put it in first post

Fladian

Besides that, the guide is mostly focused on staying together with someone stronger than you. There are, however, players that also like playing solo.

Miranox

I have been playing Diablo 2 for about an year and a half and I also spend a little time on some Diablo 2 sites and I can tell you that the question that keeps resurfacing is "How do I get rich?". Most new players learn that other stuff in 2 weeks or so.

Squishy-1

easiest way to get rich in my opinion (on ladder) is to collect low runes and make some runewords like spirit (tal thul ort amn) and insight which i dont remember the combo for and in response to fladian thoose who play solo shouldnt be looking at a guide now should they?

Squishy-1

pretty much the guide for people who play alone is keep whats usefull sell whats not and if what your fighting is too hard go back a bit and level up first

Ken in the bubble

I'm sure I could have use to this... Considering I love video games but are horrible at them. I liked d2 the first time I played it but now I am not one for mmo's and such.. And yeah single player isn't that fun or hard really... for me anyway.

Werbung: