Do game reviews matter to you?

I know some people that listen to them like the word of God. I myself don't. If I want a review on a game, I simply just rent it from the store or order it from Gamefly. I feel that fanboyism has tainted the review process and reviews no longer hold credibility. And that's assuming they ever did in the first place. I can never see letting some person I don't even know, and doesn't know what I like/ don't like tell me what I should be playing. What's your take on it?

Werbung:

Soulwatcher

Game reviews matter to me because I generally do not buy games that are rated below 8.0. I just took a chance on Hunted and bought it release day with out waiting on a review and the game sucked bad. I ended up selling it back to Gamestop a hour latter. Come to fine out Gamespot rated it a 6, if I would have waited a few days I could have saved $60.

Kate23

Not at all. I don't even read game reviews. My opinion is going to be different from other people's and anyway, I don't want ideas in my head so that I will notice the flaws. You know, like if a review says the music is bad, every time I hear the music in the game I will think of that review and I won't be able to make my own opinion on whether I like it or not without first being influenced by that review.

Cardd

I never read game reviews, because they are just opinions of random people. If I have seen gameplay videos, I can usually know if a game is worth of playing.

Saohc

It varies.

With IGN's review of inFAMOUS 2, they said there was occasional problems with the camera, when it came to melee combat and that's actually the truth, since I've played the game myself.

When it comes to fighting games, I don't really rely on game reviews, I play the games myself.

Game reviews don't matter much to me, unless they point out issues with the gameplay(and that makes me start to think whether if a game is worth getting).

If the issues are minor and don't affect much, that's fine. But if it's major, like in the case of Hyperdimension Neptunia(which is a niche game, anyways), then it helps me rethink my decision.

ClutchSteve

I don't like reviews. I've said this before to friends, one mans review is only as good as his character. If he is JUST like you, you may feel the same about the game. If he is wildly different, you opinion of games will be as well. Take movie critics for example...they all have different opinions of movies. So who's right and who's wrong?

radascars

Yes, it does matter. Before I buy games that I like I read most of the time in game reviews to check if it really worth it to purchase that game. It really helps you to choose the best game that are out in the market. I know most of the reviews are paid but if you read most of them you will see the differences and the advantage of reading a review.

joebotz

I like the reviews, espicially video reviews because they give you a taste of what the games will be like but unfortunatly companies pay to get good ratings on popular game review sites and most arent truthful. The best revies are the reviews made by people on youtube and online. Try to find people who have really got to know the game and give you an honest review.

FireNeko

I read them but I never buy games based on them. If I did I would never have picked up WET, Eternal Sonata, or Resident Evil 5, which are 3 of my favourite games. On the topic of reviews, Zero Punctuation is amazingly funny.

Graiden

Nope, not at all. I'm not always interested in the reviews, I'm more keen on the impressions of my friends. I also watch streams, I've done it for some time lately. I tend to play what they try, but I haven't really tried everything they did.

iebo00

I read reviews. I think its fun to get someone else's opinion on a game. And it can save me money if it stops me from buying a game that isn't as good as it claims to be. I like to read the reviews and also watch gameplay movies so I can make a final decision.

ben123

I don't pay attention to game reviews. I only pay attention to gameplay now so that i can see if the game is right for me, not other people that get paid to write good reviews by the games developers.

Well, some of them help me decide on whether to get the game or not but most of the time, I just play the demo of the game and watch some videos on the gameplay itself to see how the game is for myself.

Werbung:

Cecil Estrera

Well, I don't usually purchase games in store or online so it doesn't really matter to me. As long as my friends like it and I can see that it is great, then I'll play it. I usually play popular games so I think those doesn't need more further reviews, right?