Do not Update to 3.3 if you want Wii Homebrew

Sousanator

The newest official wii firmware, 3.3, now has the ability to disable homebrew.

As it stands, it does not delete any homebrew, but it does block the Twilight Hack, and won't allow 'unauthorized' files to be copied.

From the change log:
Because unauthorized modifications to save files may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 3.3 will also check for and automatically remove such save files.
For more info visit June16 update - WiiBrew

So for now, if you want to continue using homebrew, you shouldn't update your wii firmware.

Werbung:

jesta

yep to play the game you will have to update, oh well i havent modded mine anyway

You do not need a modded Wii to play around with homebrew ;) As long as you haven't updated to 3.3 you can use it.

Also it's funny how the big N fixed the homebrew exploit, but didn't sort out a fix to stop mod-chips.

Oh well, I haven't updated and probably wont until I have to, since no games require the update at the moment :)

Johnhg7

You do not need a modded Wii to play around with homebrew ;) As long as you haven't updated to 3.3 you can use it.

Also it's funny how the big N fixed the homebrew exploit, but didn't sort out a fix to stop mod-chips.

Oh well, I haven't updated and probably wont until I have to, since no games require the update at the moment :)

True and because this just happened all the games within 3 months will be fine. And the hackers will have something out in a few weeks to combat this.

Jdeadevil

Is this the reason Free Loader won't work when trying to play Super Smash Bros Brawl? Nice one Nintendo, you've made a 17 year old boy very happy - NOT!

Werbung: