Do people watch old TV shows (on dvd/tv) much?

Super Six 4

Hey, I like old TV shows like MASH and Cheers!, Hogan's Heros, and The Rat Patrol, and then some slightly newer ones off the air mostly, like JAG. But my question is-do people watch shows like these much anymore? I think most "reality shows" are stupid these days; some shows are good like CSI, Criminal Minds, and Southpark, but a lot are really worthless imo. Retro TV shows, while they can be somewhat blooper spangled, they are actually pretty good.

Take "Combat!" for example, on DVD, they have a notes and bloopers section (that I only read afterwards because otherwise u dont notice them really), but the show is actually fairly good. "Cheers!" has good humor, kind of like MASH, and they'll perk you up if you're down a little.

anyways, leave your agreements, flame messages, or comments below.

Werbung:
Heck yes! Im proud to say i own every season of Hogan's Heroes, Magnum PI and up to season 5 of MacGyver. And as soon as the A-team is cheap enough, ill get that too.

I hate reality TV, Why would anybody watch fat people "work out"? Although i can kinda understand American Idol and just barely, Survivor but the shows are starting to get just stupid.

Side note: Conspiracy. Is it just me or did any one notice that when the Writer's strike happened there where no new reality tv show episodes? Unscripted? Reality? yeah just like professional WWE wrestling is unscripted

Super Six 4

Heck yes! Im proud to say i own every season of Hogan's Heroes, Magnum PI and up to season 5 of MacGyver. And as soon as the A-team is cheap enough, ill get that too.

I hate reality TV, Why would anybody watch fat people "work out"? Although i can kinda understand American Idol and just barely, Survivor but the shows are starting to get just stupid.

Side note: Conspiracy. Is it just me or did any one notice that when the Writer's strike happened there where no new reality tv show episodes? Unscripted? Reality? yeah just like professional WWE wrestling is unscripted

The A-Team! Go Mr. T!!! lol, my bro got season 1 for christmas, but other seasons are expensive, hogans heros is great, so ironic in every episode, I have up to season...4 or 5 I think...wait...no, 6 I think.

yah, survivor is dumb, Man vs. Wild is good because the guy is a bad ass ex SAS dude and he knows what he's doing and he's teaching people, but even that gets slightly old after a while.

What about Wooster & Jeeves? Thats a funny british comedy.

Back on the A-Team, my bro has the theme song as his ringtone lmao, it is good tho, gotta admit, and you gotta admit "B.A."...is a BA, even World of Warcraft has a character of him! No joke! (dont play but seen tv ad lol)

I haven't really watched much Jeeves and wooster, although im a big monty python and BlackAdder (although both those actors are in it, along with Rowan Atkinson)fan. I don't have the monty python collection...yet.

Mr.T what can i say? He's awesome. The WoW ads are pretty funny too.

Super Six 4

I haven't really watched much Jeeves and wooster, although im a big monty python and BlackAdder (although both those actors are in it, along with Rowan Atkinson)fan. I don't have the monty python collection...yet.

Mr.T what can i say? He's awesome. The WoW ads are pretty funny too.

"I pitty the foo!" lol, and... "Shut up! Just, Shut up!" lol, Mr. T was the Chuck Norris of the time:thumbup1:

Rowan Atkinson is the Mr. Bean guy, right?

BossMaroni

"I pitty the foo!" lol, and... "Shut up! Just, Shut up!" lol, Mr. T was the Chuck Norris of the time:thumbup1:

Rowan Atkinson is the Mr. Bean guy, right?

"The A Team" was THE show to watch back in my tween and early teen years. Fun stuff.

Yeah, Atkinson is Bean. I highly recommend his one-man show called 'Rowan Atkinson Live.' It's more or less a collection of sketches & it's hilarious!

I watch (and own) a bunch of tv shows on dvd. Partial list:
M*A*S*H
Highlander
Chuck
Arrested Development
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (early 80's cheese!)
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
My Name is Earl
The Office
Smallville
Veronica Mars

Super Six 4

"The A Team" was THE show to watch back in my tween and early teen years. Fun stuff.

Yeah, Atkinson is Bean. I highly recommend his one-man show called 'Rowan Atkinson Live.' It's more or less a collection of sketches & it's hilarious!

I watch (and own) a bunch of tv shows on dvd. Partial list:
M*A*S*H
Highlander
Chuck
Arrested Development
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (early 80's cheese!)
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
My Name is Earl
The Office
Smallville
Veronica Mars

Did you notice how in the A-Team you see no one get shot or killed or really hurt much, and if they do (like when BA gets shot by a .50 cal. in the leg) you don't see it, lol, that's then for you.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? Isn't "Buck Rogers" an older version, or am I wrong? Because there's a good song called "Buck Rogers" by the British rock band Feeder, and I remember it saying something like "the old TV show 'Buck Rogers...'"

I think I saw one Highlander and decided it was so weird it wasn't even worth continuing, but that's me.

spuznick242

I dont watch tv much at all, but when I do, its usually a race or something. I've heard of mash and saw it maybe once or twice, but I'm not into the classics really.

BossMaroni

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? Isn't "Buck Rogers" an older version, or am I wrong? Because there's a good song called "Buck Rogers" by the British rock band Feeder, and I remember it saying something like "the old TV show 'Buck Rogers...'"

I think I saw one Highlander and decided it was so weird it wasn't even worth continuing, but that's me.

There are probably several version of Buck Rogers. The one I mean was a kick@$$ show that was only on tv from around '79-81. It was my favorite show for the short time it was on. Everyone I knew was in love with Erin Gray, who played Col. Wilma Deering. She's one of the hottest women ever on tv.

Highlander is definitely different than anything else and has a very devoted, hardcore following. I'm basically psycho for the original film & the series is damn good too.

Super Six 4

There are probably several version of Buck Rogers. The one I mean was a kick@$$ show that was only on tv from around '79-81. It was my favorite show for the short time it was on. Everyone I knew was in love with Erin Gray, who played Col. Wilma Deering. She's one of the hottest women ever on tv.

Highlander is definitely different than anything else and has a very devoted, hardcore following. I'm basically psycho for the original film & the series is damn good too.

Ok, that clears it up for me.

hey, does my new EPIC MooCowMan produced sig also make you homesick for watching Black hawk Down? lol, did you watch it?

i've seen that, i also recommend it. The office is one of my Fav shows!
Also highlander is that the THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! Highlander?

The A-Team was all about spraying hundreds of bullets and big explosions and yet nobody gets hurt.

About black hawk down, i kinda liked behind enemy lines better..

Super Six 4

i've seen that, i also recommend it. The office is one of my Fav shows!
Also highlander is that the THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! Highlander?

The A-Team was all about spraying hundreds of bullets and big explosions and yet nobody gets hurt.

About black hawk down, i kinda liked behind enemy lines better..

behind enemy lines is good in it's own way. Both based on true stories-black hawk down has more of the emotional appeal, and "this is war, it's not pretty, we salute you survivors, hooah", and behind enemy lines is more of the action and history.

read "Return With Honor"-its the real account of what behind enemy lines is based off of.

Werbung: