Eternity's Child

jesta

46e4673befb34_featured_without_text_eternityschild.jpg

image-o-matic.x

image-o-matic.x

image-o-matic.x

"Last year, UK-based Frenchman Luc Bernard revealed Eternity's Child, an old-school whimsical platformer in full 2D, featuring fantasy environments and an angelic protagonist who had lost his wings. The game was planned for release through Xbox Live Arcade. Now, however, a new interview on French gaming site Art du Jeu reveals that, due to Live Arcade's space restrictions making the game's high volume of high-res 2D art unfeasible, the game has moved to a retail Wii release through UK publisher Alten8.

According to the interview, along with the format change comes what is essentially a reboot on development. Bernard states that gameplay will be very traditional and not reliant on the motion capabilities of the Wii remote, but that there might be a few Wii-specific functions thrown in. Some kind of multiplayer mode is expected, though Bernard did not elaborate. The creator also plans to develop a Nintendo DS version of Eternity's Child, though it would be a considerably different game.

The hero of Eternity's Child is an orphaned angel who avoided a massacre of angel children by cutting off his own wings. Bernard describes the game as a dark fairy tale, and cites his own childhood fantasies as heavy inspiration. He also points to Rare's platformer Donkey Kong Country as his favorite game as a child, though admits he spends less time with games now.

In addition to Eternity's Child, Bernard has plans for further games, including one set during World War II, and one more mature game entitled The Rose Princess, set to be rendered in 3D.

Eternity's Child does not currently have a release date set."
Full link

Stunning visuals!!

Werbung:

Danny

skyclaw said:
dude you find some of the weirdest games lol it kinda reminds me of old sega games like boogerman
Boogerman really sucks.. He Farts He Burps.. He spits..
How retarted is that..

jesta

We already knew that Luc Benard’s Eternity’s Child was heading to the Wii. Now we know that the game will be a WiiWare release, instead of a boxed release. This is actually an interesting development. The original reason Mr. Benard pulled the game from the 360 was due to XBLA’s file size limit. I wonder how all of this will work out on the Wii.

Mr. Benard has also announced that the game will hit WiiWare sometime in Q2 2008 for $5.​

Link

Latest screeneers...

31344-noscale-EC_wiiware_NEW.jpg

31345-noscale-EC_wiiware_NEW_2.jpg

31346-noscale-5b9d5dea.jpg

Also...

Video here

Soundtrack here

Ash

The only thing that draws me to this game in the slightest is that its like a old school platform game :)

jesta

Gameplay video here.

It looks quite disappointing! Maybe even a point and clicker?
I was very excited about this game but now I'm not sure! I hope its better than it seems!!!

This game looks decent, yes, but I'm losing interest in it. But for 500 points, it doesn't seem that bad. I just probably wouldn't spend it on this WiiWare title. Mind you, I'd probably choose this over an NES title either way if I had the choice.

Werbung: