F-Zero GX

What do you think of F-Zero X

• It rules!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's good.

• Not so good...

• What!? This game can't be good! It's crap!

• Total voters

Ryano

Squiddy said:
Played the SNES F-zero, but it suffered from poor PAL conversions (20% slower than NTSC cartridge), so I avoided the VC version. Same with F-zero GX & Wave Race 64 for the same reasons.

Really? were did you find that out? And why do you think they did it?

Werbung:

Squiddy

Ryano said:
Squiddy said:
Played the SNES F-zero, but it suffered from poor PAL conversions (20% slower than NTSC cartridge), so I avoided the VC version. Same with F-zero GX & Wave Race 64 for the same reasons.

Really? were did you find that out? And why do you think they did it?

Because most SNES and Mega Drive games were difficult to convert to PAL, so developers made a hash of it and slowed down the game - look at the PAL Sonic The Hedgehog and compare it to the JAP/NTSC versions. Early N64 games were affected too, Wave Race 64 being one, but the problem decreased after games like OoT & Goldeneye 007. Some Square-Enix games suffer from this, FF X-2 being one, but shoddy PAL conversions are rare nowadays.

However, I'm pissed off that Nintendo have the time to change the Kawasaki boards to DS/Wii advertisements in Wave Race 64, yet they can't be assed to fix the rubbish PAL versions of Wave Race 64, Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA's responsibility mind) and the SNES & N64 F-ZERO.

Adiman423

I would love to have the game cube game to play on my wii. I did not have a gamecube, so I would love to have a game that is just mindblowingly fast-paced.

Becky

Adiman - I bought a copy off eBay late last night for £8.50 + P&P (second-hand). It was the cheapest one, but there were several that only worked out about £1 more.

Oh, be sure to check they are PAL if you buy off eBay and you're in the UK. I saw a couple of NTSC ones going very cheap and nearly bought them lol.

Becky

Received my copy this morning and it's definitely my cup of tea. Looks just like Wipeout as I expected. Thank you Yoshi 3000 for starting this thread, I would not have heard about it otherwise. :)

Graphics look impressive too, I can see why some regard it as one of the best-looking titles made for the GC.

Jailbreak

yer its deffinately one of best looknig cube games, it goes at like a million miles an hour and theres never any slow down either.

kaitora

wow... what a coincidence... my mate was round a few days ago and i dug this title from my pile of gc games... it still seems fast paced for an older game. I love it

Werbung: