Fate and/or Destiny

Fladian

Sorry, but I don't really like nor make such kind of humor. =) Any similar reaction in my class which is not during project-day (which is hard to call a class anyway, as it is mostly small groups of people working on a school project for six hours. The tremendous amount of freedom we have cause such things, but it is also permitted, and therefore according to several people, quite funny. Project-day is my favorite day of the week because of the amount of freedom but also because of the team work you have to develop, and because I am one (originally) of the three best) is called, in my opinion, annoying, irritating and asking for trouble. The reason why I am not annoyed by it at project-day is because of the freedom. We just get a paper with the information of the project, and we got six hours of time to finish. That's all. If you don't understand the project, then it's your problem.

Any kind of math class gets much 100% attention though. I am extremely weak in anything math related.

Anyway, if you feel like to continue this kind of subject, make a new thread about it somewhere. I'll say that we should get back on-topic now, which is 'Fate & Destiny.'

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Yes, I was wondering if I hit the right topic.... >.>
As for being on topic...some people believe that all of the events in our life are already laid out for us. That poses the question, why are we alive? If we're just basically robots doing our job, what's the point? There is none, and that's another reason why fate/destiny is false, to me.

Fladian

its a useless thing to argue because neither side can prove anything
That's the whole point!

maybe its fate/destiney that we got so far off topic
Barely.

That poses the question, why are we alive? If we're just basically robots doing our job, what's the point? There is none, and that's another reason why fate/destiny is false, to me.
Interesting enough as it is, you could make a seperate thread for that question. ;) Though that falls on the point of the "meaning of life," which I have a few opinions of myself - and some which I don't contradict myself in, like the 'cheating' thread.

Jupackazoin

the thing i dont like about christianity is that you only ask your god when you want something you never just say hay god wats going on buddaye!

take note im an open minded aethiest

Haha, Aethiest, well, sorry but that is funny. You can't believe in NOTHING, you have to believe in something, even if that means NOTHING, you still believe in it ;)
Anyway, as for praying only for what you want, what kind of Christian is that? No, Christianity is, at its core, all about love. And hey, I don't care how sentimental that sounds or mushy or whatever, it's true. If your a Christian, and all you pray for is yourself, and not the wellbeing of EVERYONE around you, you'd better go and check your faith. No, being a Christian means you hate NO ONE, even the guy who punched you in the face and took your money or whatever, a true Christian would get up, and pray for THAT MAN. So, make sure you know the details before you start accusing ;)
By the way, this is NOT an angry post or anything, I'm just talking nicely with emphasis on certain words :) I mean no offence :)

Fladian

Haha, Aethiest, well, sorry but that is funny. You can't believe in NOTHING, you have to believe in something, even if that means NOTHING, you still believe in it ;)
Well, when you're braindead, you can't think (or believe) in anything, as I recall. :p But otherwise, you're right.

Anyway, as for praying only for what you want, what kind of Christian is that? No, Christianity is, at its core, all about love. And hey, I don't care how sentimental that sounds or mushy or whatever, it's true. If your a Christian, and all you pray for is yourself, and not the wellbeing of EVERYONE around you, you'd better go and check your faith. No, being a Christian means you hate NO ONE, even the guy who punched you in the face and took your money or whatever, a true Christian would get up, and pray for THAT MAN. So, make sure you know the details before you start accusing ;)
I respect that, though that is possibly because I grew up with similar words as well, which I keep myself to. However, I do not believe in anything in specific, but do believe that there is some kind of higher power, if you like. Something must have started this all, beyond that is none of my concern.

However, I do live in the way as you actually mentioned... or at least, partly. I have a caring feel towards other people which might possibly be more than I care for myself. When I did some specific (private) stuff, I confirmed that for myself and to others. But when saying that it would mean never to truly hate someone, I drop. I hate two specific people with a passion and for a good reason, in my opinion. One of them hates me too, and for an even better reason than I do him. But after all, the fight we started is my fault for starters, but I am not intending ot make it up with him because I am convinced that my choice is the best. Bah, what am I saying...

Besides that all, I also have a different look on 'love' than other people, which causes me to be an emotional guy - something I really don't mind. Unfortunately it works more against me than anything else. :p

However, though I also (partly) learned the way of Christian, I have my own reasons for not being one myself. And I am personally convinced that it is a very good reason, which is something I will remind myself of at all times. I'm not saying anyone will, but no one will be able to convince me to learn the ways of any religion. :p

Anyway, this is getting a bit religios... I personally don't mind talking about it - as I, according to statics, rarely lose my temper - but it often doesn't up well. Besides that, I have no personal interest in it. =)

By the way, this is NOT an angry post or anything, I'm just talking nicely with emphasis on certain words :) I mean no offence :)
That was clear. =)

Squishy-1

i would prefer no religion for the world than for every single being to go to heaven or nirvana or whatever u call it, because religion kills religion taxes religion blinds and religion destroys your individuality. i shouldnt say im an aethiest it would probably be more along the lines of scientology lol i think that we are just atoms and energies that are an illusion which we are to futile to find out the most obvious question, so we make up stories about great creatures that controll the universe and decide everything we do... i mean no offense

as for christianity i find it all a very blinded subject
christianity says no man is righteous but you say you hate no one?
if christianity is all for loving thoose around you why has it caused so much war?

even if i am wrong about god or life or religion i am right that if we didnt worship the world would be better, yeah ok so just about every religion has (had) hundreds of missions for sick people and little children, but they would not have to suffer if it were not for them, they would think that life is not eating for mass ammounts of time and dieing at the age of 12, sure a few lives would be saved but everyone that is "saved" has 100 more dead bodies,

religion promises paradise, but gives nothing but death and sadness

dont tell me oh well for all we suffered we will be happy in heaven because for all i care heaven doesnt exist its in your imagination its what you think about to try to make you feel better about your life and causes you to die with hope... false hope if you ask me

but you are intitled to your opinion and naming yourself to belong to one religion itself means you are too close minded to take this to heart.

again no offense

Fladian

Religion is actually something I would not like discussed in this thread, Squishy. I thought I made that clear a short while ago. If you would like to discuss it, you are free to open your own thread. Religion is a generally sensitive subject, but if necessary, I am willing to keep a close eye on it. However, I will answer some of those words you mentioned.

You are saying that religion is (partly) the cause of several misery. This is both true and false.
"We make war that we may live in peace."
-Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics
You could give a discussion about that if you'd like. I've had one with my brother regarding that subject two years ago. I can't remember much of that discussion.
Besides that quote, I could yet another one. "If there is no light, then there's no shadow and vice versa."

As if that isn't enough, you mentioned that those who are believing in a religion are short minded. I am not saying that everything they mentioned is, or will be true, but it could be. If that is the case, or even a slight possibility, then I believe those who are not religios are the the short minded ones.
Besides that, you mentioned something about Heaven, as I recall. In the human mind, we cannot imagine eternal pleasure and happiness, as what is promised, as I recall - don't quote me on that first part of experiencing it :p or mention that I currently have a dull sex-life :p Thank you for the cooperation *cough*. However, humans are in need of an ideal place. It isn't necessary to exist, it has to put the mind to ease. Currently, what happens mostly in religions does the trick perfectly. Some find a replacement for that, but that's a side subject. Besides that, humans need something to get their heart to find peace and harmony in hard times, which praying usually does a good job in. When 'sins' are made, especially those of a large size, you need something to put your heart to ease with. *mumbles*If anyone knows, I do*mumbles*

That's all.

Undead_Lives

Christianity about love? Then explain the Crusades.

Yes, moving on. Meaning of life thread? Hm, you go ahead Flad if you feel like it.
Athiests don't believe in NOTHING, the just don't believe in GOD.

Werbung:

Fladian

The Crusades? I think I missed something out here. Some particular friend really infected me with her 'lazyness.' Sheesh..

Meaning of life thread? Well, I am not really the best guy to create threads, Undead. I am quite weak in creating subjects, which is no different in real life. I've been creating a number of them because the forum was getting a bit... quiet.