First PS CS3 Works

Roger117

Just started using PS because of media at school, thought why not make some stuff.

This sig for me below is an "average" attempt. I really should find the font for A.V.A.
30vfb6r.jpg

And here I just desaturated the original followed by applying an untouched layer of the DB9.

Original
sosj21.jpg

Result
2eq9udv.jpg

Comments? Areas of improvement?

Werbung:

Jordan B

Pretty nice basic stuff. :)

You should try messing with Hue/Saturation, and/or then add a few duplicate layers and mess with effects and blur. I'll bring some examples later, I've got to be somewhere right now . =/

rocktrns

I like the signature it is awesome Good Job
I'm not to impressed with the car picture you could have made it more! effects:thumbup1:

Roger117

As I said. I just started and I pretty much only know a few tools. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for the website, I'll check it Moo :)

**EDIT**: I added Gaussian blur to one picture, but didn't seem right without motion blur on a car as well. So I made two, but I don't know which is better.

No Motion Blur
xm4cbl.jpg

With Motion Blur
344p0np.jpg

Which looks better?

rocktrns

I like the the first one you made better than both of them!
It Doesn't look right with out the motion!
You blurred it out to much!
Very good for your first try!

spuznick242

Yea, Most people think its just easy to do where it is to a point, but when altering an image like something from a company like austin-martin and how it was something ment to be published, chances are they already tried stuff and altered it a bit, so I find altering pictures found on the web a bit more of a challenge, but I do like the orignal from austin-martin and dont over do anyhting, just a slight touch can do alot. I really dont do much graphic design because I'm pretty busy with work and school, but I like to get some in when ever I can, so you might see me put something up later if I can get some in.

Jordan B

Roger, if I can suggest something to you that I did : (Corresponds with what spuz said) Go take some photos of landscape and trees, birds, anything . It helps you appreciate the beauty in your environment a lot more, and once you have them on your PC take them into photoshop and play with them.

Stock photos that you yourself have taken are alot more satisfying to edit.

Roger117

Ok. I haven't gotten any pictures outside, but I did 2 more pics on A.V.A I like the Background picture.

Original
33uv49j.jpg

Result
35mqdxv.jpg

Original
260r7gi.jpg

Result
2h4gu9x.jpg

If any of you guys want the picture or the sigs. I'll edit the name to whichever you like and put the image code up :).

Werbung: