First Wii Homebrew Channel!!

Sousanator

I thought this needed it very own new thread because it is a new landmark in the wii homebrew scene.

For the first time, homebrew can be available as a separate channel on your wii thanks to Bushing and his team.

Booting up Zelda is only a one time process now, its the 'installer' instead of the player now. Below is the video, but it is in very early stages so nothing playable with it yet, its just to show that it is possible and works.

Video:
Wii Homebrew Channel

PS - When will I get my Homebrew and Hacks section Matt:p

Werbung:

guyofgod

Why did you say you don't need the gecko loader? I saw it say "download gecko loader" in the code or something to that extent. I can't wait till the day we just need an SD card and some homebrew :)

jesta

"The alpha 3 release of the TP hack, you can use your Wii’s internal SD slot! And you can survive without having to muck about with boot sectors and such. Just throw the .elf onto the root of your card, and you’re good to go. This is some pretty exciting news! Hopefully this thing continues to develop!" Link

;)

Sousanator

I just watched the video in that link. Basicly, he is using zelda to run tetris on this wii :)
Yea, thats why its called the 'Zelda Hack'. In the video you are referring to it shows how you no longer need the SD Gecko.

But the video in this thread shows how you wont need to load Zelda all the time (just for the first time).

Randomboy

Hehe. This is pretty random.

Would be cool if Nintendo allowed people to make thier own channels and then put them up for download.....

guyofgod

I'm SO CLOSE! I FINALLY got my zelda game to run the "Twilight Hack" and now I am working on getting some homebrew for it. There are actually quite a few! I've seen around 10 or so...

Werbung: