Forza 3 Demo: Thoughts

MooCowMan

I have to say, this game is epic! It has to be the most indepth game I have ever played. Although, my 360 isn't in the best of shape and had some trouble playing the Demo, the game itself was unbelievable. The racing physics are great, I have never felt so close to being in a vehicle before other than the real thing.. Replace the controller with a steering wheel and you've got yourself quite the experience.

Lets start off, the cars they give you in the demo aren't too bad.

Mini John Cooper Works
Evo X
Ferrari California
Audi R8 5.2 V10
Porsche 911 GT3 #80 Flying Lizard Race Car

I test drove and crashed them all myself
smile.gif
They're all perfect.. Turn 10 did an AMAZING job of incorporating the cars into the game. Although I would have liked to test the customization, it wasn't featured in the demo
frown.gif

Each car has its own feel to it, unlike in the past when every car feels like its powered by the same motor with different HP and sound. It's very easy to tell a lot of time and effort has been put into this game to get it to this point. The sounds of each car is outstanding! They sound basically perfect compared to their RL counterparts.

The new added ability to flip your car even furthers the racing experience.. I oversteered a bit too much on a turn, as I slid off the track I went sideways, wheels catching and sure enough I found myself rolling.. thankfully, T10 made it very easy to flip your car back over just by pressing right or left on the steering joystick. Along with that, you get the added rewind feature, so if you happen to find yourself in a situation like mine.. you can rewind a bit and take the turn better. Which you will have to do since damage is even harder to get past this time around.. you can damage your drivetrain so bad that you will actually grind gears trying to shift.

The demo was overall epic and leaves me wanting soooooo much more. I'm picking it up not too long after release, crap 360 or not. I want to make sure I get the goodies for getting on the release date
biggrin.gif

Werbung:

spuznick242

Well what really sells me on a game, is the cars, the aftermarket parts available, the tracks, tuning ability, and realism. Not in that order of course, but just about any game with an EVO X that is anything like the beast it is in real life is a good game, and as for the parts and tuning, I'm not sure on, but I have seen quite a bit of it and the tracks look pretty good even though they dont seem that realistic, and the parts on a good game should have differnt advantages and disadvantages from each manufactur such as toyo tires and fire stone. Over all it looks pretty good, I would consider it for PC once I see some more of the game and features, but GTA4 or NFS: Shift is a better option at the moment.

MooCowMan

Well what really sells me on a game, is the cars, the aftermarket parts available, the tracks, tuning ability, and realism. Not in that order of course, but just about any game with an EVO X that is anything like the beast it is in real life is a good game, and as for the parts and tuning, I'm not sure on, but I have seen quite a bit of it and the tracks look pretty good even though they dont seem that realistic, and the parts on a good game should have differnt advantages and disadvantages from each manufactur such as toyo tires and fire stone. Over all it looks pretty good, I would consider it for PC once I see some more of the game and features, but GTA4 or NFS: Shift is a better option at the moment.
o_o

Well, to start.. Forza 3 will have over 405 cars from 53 manufacturers, not including DLC packs which are developed over time. It will also have 102 track layouts in 19 different enviroments.

Each car is customizable and if the motor in it doesn't have any potential you can swap it right out. Take a lotus elan for example, has a small 1.5L 4 cylinder which has a measley 105hp.. you can swap that out for a supercharged 1.8L with 240hp out of a Lotus Exige Cup 240. That's just the start.. Turbo's or superchargers, fuel system, computer, suspension.. basically everything.. there's different tire compounds to choose from.. and that's just performance. Every car has a special body kit designed for it that is made by Turn 10 that you can buy.. even if the car doesn't have manufacturers that produce body kits for that vehicle so there's always modifying to do to your vehicle. Turn 10 wanted it so you could make your vehicle, your vehicle.

Lets just say Forza has been the most indepth racing game since it first came out on the original Xbox. It completely blows most racing games out of the water..

GT5 is FM3's only real competitor.. and it only really has a graphical advantage and around 300 more cars, but you have nowhere near as much to do in it as you would FM3. Turn 10 just has so much more to offer..

The demo is a VERY limited experience. It's only one race on one track with 5 cars and none of them you get to customize.

MooCowMan

Just Pre-ordered the limiteded edition yesterday :) I'll have it the 29th along with 15 cars you can only get by pre-ordering it and a 2GB flash drive :D

MooCowMan

Nope, 360 only.

My 360 sucks.. lol either the magnet in the disc drive is off or something in my hard drive got knocked while getting shipped back to my house from getting repaired -_-

I might get a new one, a Jasper :D

MooCowMan

They're getting pretty cheap. The 60GB Pro is only $200 brand new.. you can get them used for nearly nothing with nothing wrong with them lol

I want an Elite, but I really gotta get my computer first.

MooCowMan

IMO, Xbox 360. It has better exclusives and more of them as well. Plus a few of sony's past exclusives made their way over to the Xbox as well :D PS3 has free online and free game downloads but I really just enjoy the games on 360 much better. The 360 is much more solid than it was before, in a sense that it's not getting the RROD all the time for various reasons. I'm a microsoft fanboy though.. lol

spuznick242

I wouldnt bother getting it. If its not coming out for PC its going to be limited. PC you can mod and get all sorts of 3rd party downloads to expand the game. Plus I strongly believe that PS3 is better, and if I was to buy any system it would be the new PS3 slim, which is the same price, except blue ray and 120gb hard drive that can be expaned to as far as your wallet will let you, and the internet is internal where you dont have to spend an extra $100 just to get online, but it might be a good game, but the system is lacking personally.

Werbung:

MooCowMan

I wouldnt bother getting it. If its not coming out for PC its going to be limited. PC you can mod and get all sorts of 3rd party downloads to expand the game. Plus I strongly believe that PS3 is better, and if I was to buy any system it would be the new PS3 slim, which is the same price, except blue ray and 120gb hard drive that can be expaned to as far as your wallet will let you, and the internet is internal where you dont have to spend an extra $100 just to get online, but it might be a good game, but the system is lacking personally.

o_O I don't know what you're talking about.. DLC packs come out for Forza games a lot.. I think once a month, containing new cars and tracks

I haven't beat the first or second one because they're so large.. and Forza 3 is going to be even bigger! Trust me, there's a lot more to do than you think there is. You may not be able to mod certain files and put your own cars in the game.. but you can do just about everything you want to the cars they give you.

Contains Road Racing, Rally Racing, Drag Racing, Sprint Racing, NASCAR, and even a single 4 mile track with just random obsticals for you to do all of the above on..

Painting your car is basically limitless.. I loved making my own race cars in Forza 2

b5e06d7b-3bd5-4730-9ada-92b485ec380.jpg

One of the cars I built on Forza 2, built from a stock Mustang SVT Cobra-R.

7812066c-ed72-49b4-a1fa-4bf6c00dec3.jpg

Now here's a Lotus Elise 111s, with a supercharged, 600hp, 2ZZ out of a Lotus Exige Cup 240, which originally was 242hp. It also has a weight reduction of almost 600lbs, making it weigh a measly 1500lbs.. It does 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and handles like a P1 car.

Now trust me, it may technically be limited, but it's a lot less limited than just about every 360 game you can buy. It'll still be fun years from now or until they release another because they're just gonna release more and more downloadable content for it. They didn't stop releasing stuff for Forza 2 until Forza 3 was revealed.

That's a lot of typing.. wow, but oh well.. my point, Forza 3 isn't a typical console game.. :D