From GUI to JASS

Werbung:

Erdfried

Really nice thread, Daelin!
I'm just a 'Custom Script' user, but you helped me to understand a bit more of the big JASS world.

cya
Erdfried

Daelin

I still use HandleVars and I'm thrilled with its functionality. I don't really like the Caster System. Add 300KB of code to the map for what? To just get a set of functions I can still get from Kattana's code? No no! I don't have anything with Vex... I just don't like the CS.

Zoxc, how come you don't use anything? Unless you created the HandleVars in a personal way, your codes are extremely limited. The HandleVars system pushes the boundaries of JASS extremely much!

~Daelin

Daelin

Well then, why did you mention that HandleVars are obsolete if you still use them yourself? I have nothing against them, as long as my spells do not lag! Once lagging begins... I will try something else!!!

~Daelin

Laosh'Ra

well, the syntax of jass is much more familiar than i thought it'd be (as its quite comparable to other programming languages). although i never came across anything not being possible with gui ill start jass together with my next project :) thx for the tutorial

Fladian

If it's a tutorial, shouldn't I move this to the tutorial section?

And then people complain my posts are long. :p (I never understood JASS or GUI)

Squishy-1

in case i didnt right this on the first i just found his original tutorial and pasted it so other people wouldnt have to venture for it

Squishy-1

yeah iono some one editted it or something again i didnt write that it was the first dude he just deleted it or something so i reposted it

Werbung: