Genesis emulator on Wii (Homebrew)

jesta

Alright, things are starting to get really good with these hacks. Just after seeing a GameCube / Wii Tetris, Linux build, SNES emulator, and the first homebrew MP3 player for Nintendo's money-maker, we're getting a totally radical, native Genesis / Megadrive emulator for the console. Coder-extraordinaire Eke-Eke has created not only the first of its kind for the Wii (and GameCube), but it's also the first ever that's capable of playing Virtua Racing, a milestone in Genesis emulation. This latest feat utilizes the same backdoor Twilight Princess hack, which is proving to be the best thing that happened to Wii development since... well... ever.

Link

Werbung:
You have to have a modded Wii, essentially. And I'm not too big of a fan of a Gen. emulator. An SNES emulator would be something to bet more riled about, mainly because Sonic is the main attraction on the Gen and getting the emulator wouldn't be worth going for for a Sonic fan of my stature. ;)

Sousanator

You have to have a modded Wii, essentially. And I'm not too big of a fan of a Gen. emulator. An SNES emulator would be something to bet more riled about, mainly because Sonic is the main attraction on the Gen and getting the emulator wouldn't be worth going for for a Sonic fan of my stature. ;)
Actually the purpose of the Zelda Exploit is that a modchip is not needed.

For now you do need a SD Gecko(which is where the file is loaded) and Zelda Twilight Princess.
If you have a SD Gecko just copy over the Hacked Zelda:TP savegame and start Zelda:TP, load the savegame, walk backwards and the genesis emulator is loaded(if it was setup properly with the SD Gecko which should be in the readme)

mew22

Ya, you don't need a modded Wii, but you need an SD Gecko (SD Card Adapter for the GC Meory Card Slots)

Oh. I thought you meant you need and SD Card, and he was addressing it to a user with the screenname Gecko. xD

But Sous, I'd be interested in the Gen emu not the Zelda exploit. ;)

guyofgod

As I said before, I am going to be a guinea pig for these things. I have already tried one Sega emulator and it didn't compile but I think that this new one will probably work. Downloading as I type ;) Wish me luck :)

Werbung:

kevmaster

I think that after a while, the edit button your posts disappear. If I am wrong, then I know that it did that before, because I was going to edit my post and the edit button was gone.