1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Elite SEAL, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Elite SEAL

Elite SEAL Guest

So I saw the new GI Joe movie -and despite a few ill thoughts about how it was going to be -it was actually pretty good. It was really suspenseful, and even included a few matrix kind of slow motion moments.

I know some of you are probably going to criticize me cause I watched a movie based on toys for 8 year olds -but the movie is rated PG13 and is pretty actioney (new word made by Spike Jones)

what do you think?

2. Master_7

Master_7 Member

I am old school GI-Joe (90s), but wow, I loved it....

YO JOE!!!!

3. spuznick242

spuznick242 Active Member

Yea, I saw it and it was great. I really didnt want to see it, but I went to the drive in with my friends to hang out and it was really good. I also saw orphan, which was just as good.

4. HellinPelican

HellinPelican Member

I haven't seen it, but it didn't look so great

IMO i'd rater have waited a week and go see District 9 ....

5. Elite SEAL

Elite SEAL Guest

lol, I remember that -kinda funny now -but the thought that was going through my head during the movie was -"man, its really changed -the black and white guy have like metroid or like ODST suits and stuff, and the whole movie changed the dynamics of the GI Joe "story" if you will
    it was awesome -and oooo... District 9 is supposed to be crazy good.

6. Tesaga

Tesaga New Member

it Has its Cheesy moments where it kinda feels like powerrangers,but,all in all,was good movie

7. Elite SEAL

Elite SEAL Guest

ha ha, I didn't really see any power rangers kind of stuff in there really. I just thought that it was like a combination of Metroid, Halo, the origional GI Joe vs. Cobra stories, and...yeah.

8. NoMercy

NoMercy New Member

Heard it was terrible, don't plan on seeing it.

9. Master_7

Master_7 Member

Gi Joe was a very mechanical movie, and it worked well. So the franchise lives for another generation.

District 9 - was fresh, eventhough the story is an old one. Made me think quite a bit, especially after the movie was over. Question to those who have seen it. What will happen in 3 years....

10. yocool

yocool New Member

pretty good. i saw it yesterday and the first three quarters were good than the last part was sci fi

11. Elite SEAL

Elite SEAL Guest

well... I guess it depends on your age... but... my 19 year old brother saw it and enjoyed it for some of the story and the action -It isn't just cheesy guys saying "Yo Joe!" like it was in the 90's and stuff and acting like they are in the military.

Haven't seen it yet -is it really scary, or just really thrilling?

...that's sort of how I look at it -but I forgot the end -what was it?

12. Master_7

Master_7 Member

Saw GI-Joe again last night. I was still entertained.

District 9 is a mixture of styles. Just go see it. Def. worth the admission.

13. Will50Wester

Will50Wester New Member

G.I.JOE was awesome there was plenty of action and THE GIRLS ARE SO HOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!:D I was amazed by some of the weapons they had, especially the pistol that shoots shock waves and knots ppl back like 50 feet(gotta get that for zombie mode). And I luv that gating SMG on their accelarator suits, the one on their wrists and actually shoots like a mini gun. The nanomites somewhat scares me, I can't believe they're actually tiny, robotic bugs instead of some chemical weapon. That laser guided crossbow used by the red hair chic was pretty cool I want one of those for christmas lol. Overall I think G.I.JOE is pretty impressive......AND THE GIRLS ARE SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

14. Elite SEAL

Elite SEAL Guest

Action: YES
    Weapons: Awesome (perfect for near future story)
    Chicks: HELL YEAH!!

oh, and the weapon on their acceleration suit is a chain gun that shoots caseless ammuniton (it basically only shoots an entire projectile -not just the bullet part (because there is no casing)

I think that like the shockwave gun is a little to advanced, but all of the movie was pretty great

15. Master_7

Master_7 Member

Scarlet is the sexiest red-head evar!