GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

E

Elite SEAL

So I saw the new GI Joe movie -and despite a few ill thoughts about how it was going to be -it was actually pretty good. It was really suspenseful, and even included a few matrix kind of slow motion moments.

I know some of you are probably going to criticize me cause I watched a movie based on toys for 8 year olds -but the movie is rated PG13 and is pretty actioney (new word made by Spike Jones)

what do you think?

Werbung:

spuznick242

Yea, I saw it and it was great. I really didnt want to see it, but I went to the drive in with my friends to hang out and it was really good. I also saw orphan, which was just as good.

E

Elite SEAL

I am old school GI-Joe (90s), but wow, I loved it....

YO JOE!!!!

lol, I remember that -kinda funny now -but the thought that was going through my head during the movie was -"man, its really changed -the black and white guy have like metroid or like ODST suits and stuff, and the whole movie changed the dynamics of the GI Joe "story" if you will
I haven't seen it, but it didn't look so great
IMO i'd rater have waited a week and go see District 9 ....

it was awesome -and oooo... District 9 is supposed to be crazy good.

E

Elite SEAL

it Has its Cheesy moments where it kinda feels like powerrangers,but,all in all,was good movie

ha ha, I didn't really see any power rangers kind of stuff in there really. I just thought that it was like a combination of Metroid, Halo, the origional GI Joe vs. Cobra stories, and...yeah.

Master_7

Gi Joe was a very mechanical movie, and it worked well. So the franchise lives for another generation.

District 9 - was fresh, eventhough the story is an old one. Made me think quite a bit, especially after the movie was over. Question to those who have seen it. What will happen in 3 years....

E

Elite SEAL

Heard it was terrible, don't plan on seeing it.
well... I guess it depends on your age... but... my 19 year old brother saw it and enjoyed it for some of the story and the action -It isn't just cheesy guys saying "Yo Joe!" like it was in the 90's and stuff and acting like they are in the military.

Gi Joe was a very mechanical movie, and it worked well. So the franchise lives for another generation.

it was mechanical -and your right -it did work pretty well. The thing is... is that the movie sort of twisted a lot of the original idea -introducing Iron Man like suits and nanomite warheads -but it was kinda cool -and actually; it kinda jump started the story into the 21st century -now it's a lifelike idea -not just an animated cartoon.

District 9 - was fresh, eventhough the story is an old one. Made me think quite a bit, especially after the movie was over. Question to those who have seen it. What will happen in 3 years....

Haven't seen it yet -is it really scary, or just really thrilling?

pretty good. i saw it yesterday and the first three quarters were good than the last part was sci fi

...that's sort of how I look at it -but I forgot the end -what was it?

Master_7

Saw GI-Joe again last night. I was still entertained.

District 9 is a mixture of styles. Just go see it. Def. worth the admission.

Will50Wester

G.I.JOE was awesome there was plenty of action and THE GIRLS ARE SO HOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!:D I was amazed by some of the weapons they had, especially the pistol that shoots shock waves and knots ppl back like 50 feet(gotta get that for zombie mode). And I luv that gating SMG on their accelarator suits, the one on their wrists and actually shoots like a mini gun. The nanomites somewhat scares me, I can't believe they're actually tiny, robotic bugs instead of some chemical weapon. That laser guided crossbow used by the red hair chic was pretty cool I want one of those for christmas lol. Overall I think G.I.JOE is pretty impressive......AND THE GIRLS ARE SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

E

Elite SEAL

G.I.JOE was awesome there was plenty of action and THE GIRLS ARE SO HOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!:D I was amazed by some of the weapons they had, especially the pistol that shoots shock waves and knots ppl back like 50 feet(gotta get that for zombie mode). And I luv that gating SMG on their accelarator suits, the one on their wrists and actually shoots like a mini gun. The nanomites somewhat scares me, I can't believe they're actually tiny, robotic bugs instead of some chemical weapon. That laser guided crossbow used by the red hair chic was pretty cool I want one of those for christmas lol. Overall I think G.I.JOE is pretty impressive......AND THE GIRLS ARE SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Action: YES
Weapons: Awesome (perfect for near future story)
Chicks: HELL YEAH!!

oh, and the weapon on their acceleration suit is a chain gun that shoots caseless ammuniton (it basically only shoots an entire projectile -not just the bullet part (because there is no casing)

I think that like the shockwave gun is a little to advanced, but all of the movie was pretty great

Werbung: