GTA 4 on wii?

Werbung:

Squiddy

I'll explain logically why GTA has a very little chance of getting on the Wii.

Firstly, the amount of memory needed for the advanced RAGE engine GTA IV uses wouldn't work on Wii. The PS3 version is using the cache from it's hard drive to constantly keep GTA IV running without a framerate drop - the Wii can't do this because of a lack of a HDD.

Also, HD visuals is what brings GTA IV to the front, but since the Wii hasn't got enough power, IV is a no-no on Wii.

Besides, the backlash Manhunt 2 got and the mediocre sales of Table Tennis on Wii indicates that the relationship between R* and Nintendo is rocky.

Don't hope on GTA on Wii.

killman360

It's about time someone explained it like that, thanks for doing so;). These are all perfect example's why GTA 4 will NEVER come on the Wii.

Squiddy

killman360 said:
It's about time someone explained it like that, thanks for doing so;). These are all perfect example's why GTA 4 will NEVER come on the Wii.

It just annoys me that no one expands on their posts.

I would like GTA to be on Wii, but like Shenmue I and II, those games are more suited to the more powerful consoles, the 360 and PS3. See, these games are mostly about exploration (I go through sessions of GTA:SA on PS2 just exploring without violence ^_^) and you need powerful hardware to create belivable and stunning worlds.

Heck, it would be great to see a free roaming game that took advantage of the Remote and Nunchuk, but it would take up a lot of resources, research and just lots of money to do it. Maybe Nintendo has something up their sleeve... they haven't really announced games after Brawl. :p

killman360

A good example of the type of game that you speak of, The Godfather, which they did make for the Wii, I just wonder how well that game works......

Squiddy

killman360 said:
A good example of the type of game that you speak of, The Godfather, which they did make for the Wii, I just wonder how well that game works......

That was actually pretty limited. And it was a straight PS2 port. ¬_¬
Now a Dreamcast to Wii port of Shenmue I and II on Wii would be awesome, shame that SEGA haven't done anything with the franchise...

titch.ryan

gta on the wii would be terrible, games like that need to stay on conventional consoles they are no way suited to the wii controls.

We need innovative games which take full advantage of the controls not just compilations of mini games.

Anyway as much as it would be cool to have GTA on wii it is totally infeasible as squiddy said and awkward to play.

LinkHylian

I think they should bring GTA4 to the Wii because there's nothing wrong with bringin a GTA game to a nintendo home console.if they can bring GTA games to the nintendo handhelds then I don't see why the Wii shouldn't get a GTA game.
if GTA4 was going to come to the Wii,then it could have 4 types of controllers compatible with the game(like in Super Smash bros Brawl) and also Wi-Fi.
but the problem is all that would never happen.:(
I think Rockstar will bring GTA4 to the next nintendo console which will be in another 4 or 5 years.

Werbung: