Then 1/5 leg it and 1/5 keg
Then you max leg it and after that start building the keg
And lastly (level 22-30) max shield
You got 5/5 shield 5/5 leg it 5/5 explosive keg and 1/5 i eat grenades then

Use short range shotgun + long range MG + bazooka

Harrowed

Use short range shotgun + long range MG + bazooka
I agree with that, I'm using those too.

Can you tell more about that yours skill build? Why not ads to shield before 22-30? Shield is pretty damn useful in beginning (my opinion).

ElectrifieD

I'm a lvl 28 gunner. At first I added 1 point to IEG, and 1 in keg, then I maxed out leg it, then maxed hero shield and now i'm about to max out keg.

My advice is that if you are able to stick your crosshair to your enemy good enough while using Leg it, then you should max it first, although hero shield is also very helpful and has a lovely cooldown time at max level, so you will resist more damage, it all depends on what seems easier to you.

IEG is also VERY useful now that it got fixed. I usually always end up winning agaisnt tanks when i'm on foot, as i just hit IEG and i will eat their shots, also I always pop up IEG when I'm entering to a capture flag zone, just in case there are troop traps placed around, and another good use of it is when you're on a tank, and people place Tnt on you, you can just switch to passenger seat and eat it, and it has many more uses, as you can see it's a very valuable ability, and the best part is that you only need 1 hero point for it to be that useful :)

Salveros

why no shield?
1/5 = 30
2/5 = 35
3/5 = 40
4/5 = 50
5/5 = 60

So if you want to put points in shield first, you put 4 HP in it, to get 30 extra health
I rather run fast for 10 seconds so i can dodge 30 health + if multiple enemys hit you. You dodge both of them. While your shield absorbs both.
And on top of that, leg it is really usefull to go from one place to another, shield not....
But there is a button to re-divide your HP points, so try it, and if you dont like it, dont do it

Nurech

Shield? Keep it only on 1/5, you don't need it that much.
Upgrade leg and keg to maximum and use the combo, it's devastating.
Throw a keg and shoot it with a bazooka.

Salveros

*keep in mind that throwing a keg does not cancel the other ability.
But using the shield will cancel leg it, and leg it will cancel the shield

Harrowed

IEG seems to be useful... And everyone is on leg it's side, so maybe I should try leg it -tactic too ;) I have to say that gunner is pretty slow after long playing with commando. Thank you I'll try.

Whammo

I'm still not sure I understand maxing legit over shield.

I maxed shield, and my typical tactic is to walk in, hit IEG, and fight.... then shield goes up if I get in trouble... toss a kegger.... then when in 'real' trouble, I hit Leg it.

I find I'm super survivable with this tactic. I guess what I'm not getting here is what to do with 'uber' leg it? I mean running in circles, straffing your opponent I find -rarely- works in any outnumbered situation. So in that case you're retreating anyway...

It sure is nice with Leg it not having to was SO much match time simply GETTING to the action though. That's for certain.

ElectrifieD

Whammo said:
I'm still not sure I understand maxing legit over shield.

I maxed shield, and my typical tactic is to walk in, hit IEG, and fight.... then shield goes up if I get in trouble... toss a kegger.... then when in 'real' trouble, I hit Leg it.
I can see a few flaws with that strategy. If you've got shield maxed, the first thing to do when engaging in combat is pop up the shield so it absorbs most of the damage until you kill your oponent, because what you want to keep intact is your health points and not your shield, then you just wait for it to cooldown to have it ready for the next fight. Also, hitting IEG at the start of your fight without any reason is a waste, you may really need it later and unfortunately it may be on cooldown :p

Whammo said:
I guess what I'm not getting here is what to do with 'uber' leg it? I mean running in circles, straffing your opponent I find -rarely- works in any outnumbered situation. So in that case you're retreating anyway...
For your enemies, faster moving target = harder target to hit.

basil

According to me u need only one shield before lvl 22.
First max your Legit then Keg then 1 I eat granagde then go for shield.

Btw leg it + Short shotgun is the best combination and can help u get lots of kill. Explode ur keg quickly with bazooka also.

Nurech

Well, I made my gunner level 20 now.
First maxed leg, got 1 eats, and all the other points go for keg.
So all points from 22-30 lvl now go to shield.

kopsq

Well even I have seen many Gunner guides which say that my build (abilities) is wrong, I haven't changed it, because it works for me.

First 1 point to Legit.
Then I MAX up Shield.
Then start leveling up Keg. (At least to 1 level here before maxing shield..)
Then I level up Legit to at least 3.
Then I possibly level up IEG and then more Legit.

I don't know for sure because I'm only lvl 11 atm with my gunner. I don't want Frenzy Fire because it kills the shield and actually is worth using only in little bit longer ranges.

Werbung:

Nurech

If you prefer a slow turtle and "maybe" get a few kills then invest in shield, but I say that it's not worth of, with 2-5 levels (4HP) gives you only 30 extra shield, while level 1 itself is already 30, which is enough to counter BB.

I like to rush in with keg and rpg, take em down with Stewart's shotty, eating nades in the progress is awesome, gives you some hps back, remember it also eats tank shells, tt's and other rpg's too, so basically anything that's not bullets can be eaten for hps. But again, this ability needs no more than 1 HP as well, the % that increases and reload time is minimal, with 4HP you'll only gain 5 seconds reload time and % is very small, like 4-5% additional of total health.

I think everyone should try out different ways and decide what fits them best, but I suggest Leg, Keg and 1 IEG at beginning. Frenzy fire is prety much useless, it just cancels other effects and the accuracy bonus(or the 1-2 extra dmg if your mad enough to waste 5 HP) isn't worth it.