Gunner update

MonkeyMafia

These changes are certainly going to make me think about what abilities I use and probably have to adapt the tactics I use. Still its going to be fun testing all the up coming changes, HATE even hinted at new map(s) not being too far away. I think new maps is a good thing for everyone. ALthough I do worry that they might be trying to change too much at once, but at least we have PTE to test it before it comes to main game. Although I can still see the forums flooded with "x is overpowered" threads on the forums because some people are never happy. Can't wait for them to release some more information about the coming updates

Werbung:

ironfist007

I still think the soldier needs a speed boost of his own example: gunner's leg it and commando's elixer.I know the gunner can share leg it but still,soldiers need a way to get out of the range of snipers.

Slartibartfast

Well, as i commando im pretty much fcked. Groups now soldier-heal, heal over time from ff and as a bonus they share multiple shields (as if shared heals were not enough). From point when i could take one down and retreat, i would need three-four shots to take down single opponent!!

Lets count an average group of gunner+soldier at same levels (they have lower heals, you dont have PS high enough...)
Also lets assume that they are not complete morons and manage to activate abilities on time, also assume i can hit every shot to my intended target head and he cannot find cover.

Round 1
120(160) hp - 75(headshot with slow rifle and PS 5)
Round 2
45(85) hp + healed 50(64) hp - 75
Round 3
20(74) hp + 60 shield - 75
Round 4
5(59) hp -75, kill

So i would need 4 absolutely perfect shots in rapid succession to make a kill...and lets face it, who can do 3 headshots + 1 hit in a row. Taken into account healing capability of FF, gunny may need 4 headshots + 1 anywhere.
Group of 3(any combo) becomes immortal, no matter how awesome your aim is. Im not even mentioning that they can also shoot + move behind...

Also two gunners will be invulnerable by tanks (any number) by just switching I eat grenades and Shield in turns.

So, only way to kill 2 gunners an soldier
1) 8 tank hits at once in blind window between one of the IEG´s (2 sec?)
2) concentrated fire of 3 commandos(assuming perfect aim) at extreme range(not to get mowed down instantly).
3) Equal group
4) Tactical nuke (provided gunned would not eat it too)
5) Roadkill at blind angle (BS negates)

Samlc1

Prehaps soldiers and Commandos will get something new to counter the gunners awesomeness? I think it's a good thing the gunner update. I believe this update is going to be great with lots of new features that i will agree with. Lets hope they iron out all the creases to make this a game that i would prehaps buy in a store. Nevermind free play.

Rense

Dont ya thing that the Gunners will be overpowerd? Played PTE a few hours and i have to say: They are way too hard now... that Slow-Thing is awesome, it's no decreasing your speed, its like deleting your speed (like roots) o_O

Mh we'll see if they change something good to commando, or simply nerf him all the way..

Jack Padousdous

I think gunners will be OP, let me explain (based on a true story):
I see a gunner and a soldier near eachother i throw a lvl 5 keg and shoot it with TankBuster.
Then i take my Mg and use leg it(only lvl 1 so 3 sec), the gunner dies.
Soldier has only like 30 health left ( i have 70) and i use shield.
Soldier dies and I have 60 hp left.

Darn! The gunner was already OP! If you use the abilities in the correct order you will be a good gunner.
I don't really like the FF (i haven't played it on pte) because i now have to chose between my OP keg + tankbuster and FF + very fast MG.

Rense

b00sted said:
i hate the keg slowness.. my commndo has no chance in hell once that hits lol

Yeah right...
Gunners were always great, able to see that with my clan gunners. As Jack already said, you just have to play them right.
But because of those bunch of whining noob ppl with a k/d of 0,6 or sth, they pushed the gunner, nerfed the commando, etc. x)

Samlc1

Gunner was already a great class. For people who knew how to use him effectivly. If theres a commando really far away then just use leg it and get in cover. The gunners cant do alot about long range snipers. Especially if there on cliff. Except that, theres nothing else i can see wrong with him. But it will now be easier for all the casual (noobs) players to play gunner effectively.

Question: Will the burning still work on the new 5/5 keg?

playmer

I kind of like the gunner update.
I always did say shield should be shared, ever since they took it off during the closed beta I wanted them to make it shareable again...
Also, the FF update is nice, but I don't use FF much so I don't mind it really...
And the keg is also cool, though if anyone can tell me the duration of the slow effect per HP spent that would be awesome :).

Werbung: