Hacks and hack detecting.

ArmyOfOne

Ok, I've seen a few posts with stuff like "So and so type: run blablabla" or the like, is that a hack? So I decided to make this post.

MOST of the hacks you will see people use on a VAC server are menu based. Said Hacker will simply press a button on their keyboard to bring up a menu where they will configure their "hack".

The most commonly used hacks are: Wallhack, ESP (including sound ESP), Aimbot, no-recoil.

Wallhack: Self-explanitory, allows said hacker to see through walls/objects.

ESP: Displays information about players to said hacker. Can show weapon the enemy is using, if the enemy is reloading, enemy's name, enemy's health. It can also draw dots or boxes around the enemy's head/chest/etc. which can be seen through walls. Sound ESP is also seen through walls, and displays text where walking/running occurs.

Aimbot: There are several different ways an aimbot can be used. But the most popular (and unfortunately hardest to detect) binds do a mouse button (usually the middle mouse button on a 3 button mouse). Said hacker can then set a small field of view so that it doesn't seem like he/she is "snapping" onto the target. Aimbots can aim anywhere at the body, so said hacker may or maynot have constant headshots.

No-Recoil: Also Self-explanitory. This reduces or eliminated recoil.

What to look for when trying to determine if someone is using:

Wallhack
-Consistantly looking into walls or corners is a pretty tell-tale sign.
-Moving around corners with the crosshair immidately on an enemy, particularly right on the head, although not in all cases.
-Pre-shooting (shooting before you see the enemy) BIGGEST SIGN.
-Consistant headshots through walls/doors/boxes, especially if the enemy
wasn't seen before-hand.
-Knowing where every enemy is. This is also a big sign. Watch them play, if only check specific spots, and there is always an enemy in those spots, 10/1 they're wallhacking.

ESP
-All of the same as wallhack.
-Consitantly jumping out while someone is reloading, or cooking a frag (they can see when you reload, and what weapon you're currently using)

Aimbot
-Consistant headshots, but this isn't always an immidiate indicator, just a watching point.
-When 2 or more enemies are close together, watch for the crosshair to see if it jumps from one to the other. Or hits both in the head (even though they're not lined up). THIS IS A DEFINATE AIMBOT, REGARDLESS OF EXCUSES.
-Player consistantly walks around looking down. Some aimbots don't allow the mouse bind, and the reason for looking down is to keep it from snapping on someone that surprises them and giving away the aimbot.
-Watch for the "snap". This is when the crosshair instantly snaps to a particular body part, again this is NOT always the head, but usually is.
-Watch said hacker in long distance shooting. MOST of them will not strafe as a normal "good" player would. They will shoot in either a spray, or short fast bursts, standing still, and will usually kill the enemy with the first few bullets.

no-recoil (not nospread, which is the constant shaking)
-When said hacker fires, you may see the crosshair jump around, or do small circles.
-When the player jumps and fires (sometimes not even fireing), their crosshair will jump around, or do small circles.
-Player consitantly sprays from long ranges and hits at least 25 percent.

Now, In case you're wondering:

Yes, I have seen said hacks, and know how they work. When I ran my own server(s), I downloaded and tested these hacks on a weekly basis to keep myself informed of what was out there. This was always done in a secured, bot only environment. No, these hacks are no longer on my system, they were removed approx. 9 months ago when i dropped my server. No, I have never, and never will use them in ANY public server, secure or not. Yes, I want to murder people who hack in public servers, and torture them slowly. If you're a server administrator and would like more information regarding specific hacks and what to look for, PM me, or e-mail me.

I hope this helps you guys in getting rid of those pesky hackers.

Good luck.

Werbung:

Puppet

Interesting stuff Army. As for your final comments, I don't think any of us believe you're a hacker. Most of us have said we'd like to do exactly what you did: load them to see what they look like. I'd like to, but I'm afraid some trace of it would be left behind when I went back to real servers, and then I would get canned. Anyway, informative stuff. Thanks for taking the time to jot this down.

rocklee

Yes, very insightful and informative. Thanks for the info. Most of that I already know but some was new to me. I've seen no recoil where a player completely unloads his clip while running and jumping and his bullets are not affected by his movement. Once I saw some guy "test" out his hack on a wall and he unloaded his clip (from a medium distance, not close range, not super long range either) and make like 5 bullet marks on the wall (instead of the 20 or so most of us makes).

Defender

One of the best posts on hacking I have ever seen. You just got my total respect bro. I made this a sticky and moved it to the "whos a cheater" forums.

WOW

I knew most of that but not the ESP one. You got some in-depth shit there. It fucking makes me sick. I want to quit CS when I read this crap and how hard it is to catch these fucks and how easy it is for them to cheat. People think I am nuts when I start considering certain players are cheaters and maybe your thread will open some eyes.

I did ban you once and I can't say you were cheating but you are good...too good. This always draws suspicion. I know some players have great skillz but this post proves that not all the skillz out there are legit. Some skillz can be downloaded.

Yeah...I want to fucking choke every one of these fuckers too.

BAH! Good post and thanks a lot.

Puppet said:
Interesting stuff Army. As for your final comments, I don't think any of us believe you're a hacker. Most of us have said we'd like to do exactly what you did: load them to see what they look like. I'd like to, but I'm afraid some trace of it would be left behind when I went back to real servers, and then I would get canned. Anyway, informative stuff. Thanks for taking the time to jot this down.

I've wanted to do this as well before.Your best bet is to use a second computer if you have one and just never take that on a public server.I may do this myself once i get my second box up and running again.

slick

A couple a years ago I downloaded some hax from kazaa. But beeing a technopeasant when it comes to software....i couldn't install them. Was curious how they work. Seen some movies with hacks but wanted to see how is it when you use 'em. ehhhh
One thing I could never understand is, how could you enjoy the game if u don't play it fair...any game. Luckily I will never face any of this fuckers....
Now I don't even wanna see how they work.Not that curious any more...
I am watching a couple a regulars lately and I do have some suspicions. I'll let yall know when I'm more certain.

P.S. nice post Army
that ESP shit I never heard off
but I don't agree with this :
Watch said hacker in long distance shooting. MOST of them will not strafe as a normal "good" player would. They will shoot in either a spray, or short fast bursts, standing still,

I almost never strafe when shooting at long dist. I might strafe but when I shoot I stop and sometimes crouch.

slick

http://csmovie.hu/dlcat41

check out : ICE MOVIE 1....i didn't see any of the other ones yet.

P.S. it's a hungarian website...

ArmyOfOne

slick said:
I almost never strafe when shooting at long dist. I might strafe but when I shoot I stop and sometimes crouch.

What I meant was the "Move and shoot" strategy. A good player will move, stop, shoot, and move to keep the other player from getting a lock on them. While MOST of the time, a hacker (having confidence their first shot will hit) will simply shoot.

The_Desert_Fox

Sadistic1 said:
Puppet said:

I've wanted to do this as well before.Your best bet is to use a second computer if you have one and just never take that on a public server.I may do this myself once i get my second box up and running again.

i'm getting used to partition magic software for my music downloading and instead of susing a second computer just make a seperate partition on your computer like a drive: H and put them on there so they won't get into your computer. I use it in case i get an infected file it won't spread to my comp and i can just wipe that drive clean at a loss of my mp3's.

Werbung: