HD Setup Help

cgy-wii

I have an HD projector and have hooked up my wii using component cables. Everything works fine when I'm in "Normal" mode, but when I switch the wii setting to HD (480p I think) then the screen goes haywire and splits into two. If I leave it, it will eventually fix itself but the image quality doesn't look as good, and then the input on my screen says that it is "analog". When I switch it back to "normal" mode, everything looks good again. Am I getting the best quality picture I can out of using component cables if I leave it in Normal mode?
I must be doing something wrong...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Werbung:

cereal_killerxx

I think I may have solved the problem for you. Go to the Wii System Settings, then click on Screen. Go to TV Resolution and change the setting to "EDTV or HDTV(480p)". Let me know how it goes xD

cgy-wii

cereal_killerxx said:
I think I may have solved the problem for you. Go to the Wii System Settings, then click on Screen. Go to TV Resolution and change the setting to "EDTV or HDTV(480p)". Let me know how it goes xD

That's the problem...when I switch to HDTV(480p) then the screen splits into 2 for a while, then goes blank, then comes back and I get a message on the scren saying that it is now analog and the picture quality doesn't look as good. I know I have a HD projector, because I have an HD satelite and I watch HD channels on it all the time. Any other ideas?

Sousanator

Some (most likely most) projectors don't have a correct way of displaying HD for video games.
Check the manual of the projector to see if it supports HD for video games.

cgy-wii

Sousanator said:
Some (most likely most) projectors don't have a correct way of displaying HD for video games.
Check the manual of the projector to see if it supports HD for video games.

It says:

Video Compatibility
NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i) 480i/p, 576i/p

480p is on the list, so I asume its capable.

Werbung: