HDTV's.... Lag on Wii?

shadowofchaos

I've been saving for an HDTV (already got money for Brawl set aside) and I'm planning on getting a "personal" one about 19 inches or so for about $200 to $300.... Problem is... I found on Smash World Forums these whole discussions about possible lag for Brawl.... and how to fix them.... Should I also get the $34 component cables for the Wii from Best Buy or something?

People have been saying it looks good with Mario Galaxy, but terrible with Twilight Princess.... anyone have any experience and know what I should buy?

I'm looking at something like this?

Insignia - 19" 720p Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - NS-LCD19

Werbung:

Sousanator

For a 19' I don't think you would even notice the difference between component cables and regular cables.

As for the lag issue, it depends on the TV. Some lower rate companies don't make high quality HDTV's and in result they aren't good for gaming.

Personal Opinion: The wii doesn't really have HD, so an HDTV isn't really needed. From my experience from buying HDTV's you get what you pay for. You should also get at least a 1080i HDTV in case you ever get a 360 or PS3 or HD cable, etc. 19' is really small. My computer monitor is bigger than that, and I hate watching movies on it cause its too small. I recommend at least a 26'. So save up your money some more to get a TV that will last more than 2 years. But thats my personal opinion, so don't take it the wrong way.

Kirby

I don't know much about HD for the Wii since I don't have component cable for my Wii yet. I agree with Sous though, you would not see much of a difference on a 19'.

Also, notice that the Wii doesn't support HD, just 16:9 Widescreen. Those are actually quite different.

XANA

i got a HD, and the graphics are fine. not much difference to a standard TV. NO i did not just go out and buy one just to help you, i've had it for a few months now.

shadowofchaos

i got a HD, and the graphics are fine. not much difference to a standard TV. NO i did not just go out and buy one just to help you, i've had it for a few months now.

lol.... that would have been really funny though.....

Anyway... I agree with you guys and have decided to save up for a 26 inch instead....

"Good things come to those who wait..."

I guess that's what I'm doing now... anyway... The time for that will come... and Brawl will help a lot for waiting too...

I'm not just getting the TV for the sake of Brawl... I'm getting it for TV too you know! Wii graphics "bettering" is just a bonus for me...

Werbung: