Hello Warcraft III Anvil Members & Admins

Squishy-1

iq is an extremely high debated subject and no one really knows what it does measure but i guess all that you can actually get from it is how far ahead of your age you are and does anything at all matter untill your at the legal age of your country? you cant work or vote (if thats how youre country swings) or anything important at all other than prepare for the future but being ahead of your class is good in any situation not just when your an adult

Werbung:

Fladian

Yes university is hard to get into down here, there are only a few places as well. We have exams that you must sit, they are extremely difficult and cause many students much MUCH stress, if you fail your exams you can't get into uni, and these days you MUST have a good education to get a decent enough job, unless you want to be a grunt in the army, no brains needed there :)
Exactly, that was what I was referring to.

The exams are a pain, you spend year 11 and 12 of high school studying like mad for these once off exams, and if you fail you've just wasted 2 years!!
Ugh, tell me about it. I mean, I just got through two years of college with a giant stroke of luck. If I would fail the last remake exam (which I am still convinced of) I could redo two years, which I really wouldn't be able to handle. Chances would have been likely that I would quit school if I wouldn't have made it. But a lot of thoughts went through my mind at that moment... but then again, it wasn't really logical what I was studying anyway. :p

There is an alternative for older people to get into uni, called the STAT test, that is basically more of a logic test, I guess the heads of the uni think you don't need to do an exam because you have 'life experience' :) Feel sorry for the kids ;)
Something similar is here too, but that isn't for University, that's only a higher level of college. There are two levels of college study wise out here. MBO and HBO (don't ask what they stand for, I forgot all about it). MBO is quite basic and HBO is advanced. If you studied on the basics of high school (like me, and practically all my friends) you can start on level 1 or 2 of College. Both would take 2 to 3 years. If you graduate from the level 2 of College, you are able to progress to level 3 or 4 of College. Level 3 is optional, but not all study courses have a level 4. I am currently in level 4. You are also able to go straight from high school to level 4, there are three ways to do that. Two of them is just going to a more advanced high school (which is very common, but I'm not smart enough and messed up my sito-test at elementery and had to stick with the basics :p) and the other one is the 'Theoretische leerweg' (Theortical study course) which I thought was something that didn't exist but was there to let the 'eager' students strive for during high school or something. Apparently it does exist, because a classmate (the youngest from my class) of mine graduated from that Theoratical-thingy. If she doesn't have to redo any year, she'll graduate from MBO at her 19th (while another friend of mine, assuming she doesn't redo a year, graduated on her 33th).
HBO is different though and the only step higher than that is university. I am intending to do HBO too, but most friends of mine are planning of stopping after graduating this year. Some are too eager to stop, ("15 years of studying! Oh yeah! Who cares?! Daddy is paying anyway!" - Franklin, a friend) and like to continue, for whatever reason. My brother stopped after HBO, but he had a better high school than me... and is seven years older than me. :p
You can enter a HBO college if you are of a certain age as well, but to be honest, I am not sure how old. I do know that I am currently too young for it. Several friends of mine are currently finding out what the age exactly is. Being stuck three more years at MBO while they can (or rather, may) do HBO is quite different. Especially Erik, a guy who tends to show up in my quote of the day would like to go to HBO. I mean, he is a math-genius (he really is!) and doesn't seem to have much trouble with other things as well with an exception of English (and Dutch grammar). Anyway, I am still far away from HBO and even further away from university, I shouldn't even be thinking about it. :p

Endeavor:
To try (or somewhat similar to it :p)

Blasphemey:
To talk profane of religious or sacred things.

Gloat:
To brag.

Mock:
To make fun of.
Hmm... I only didn't know about the first one. But I tend to stick to words I already know. :p

luzny_romek

Forum asked me for saying `hello` Introductions forum; so:

Hello :)

I am Luzny Romek and I`ve just started making maps in warcraft 3 world editor.

btw why does resorce section doesn`t work?

Werbung:

Fladian

Luzny, you are free to make a seperate thread to introduce yourself instead of doing it in an other thread. =)

But welcome to the forum, of course, Luzny. I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

The resource section is currently down.