Help, need help to build a computer...>__<

Xmswin

I have some questions about building a good gaming computer, but still cheap.

Games I want to play on it: Mirror's edge, GTA4, Guild Wars 2 with directx 10, have it as a Playstation 2 emulator and play Aion on it.

Questions:
That should I buy, parts for a amd or intel computer?

Duel core or quad?

Graphic card?

Or should I wait to buy a new computer, I'm going to die if I do so, because I only have a intel p4 computer here at home. Should I wait?:confused1:

PS:I hope it's the right place to post this...xD

Werbung:

Johnhg7

If you don't want to spend much I would recommend Ubuntu Linux for the OS. There is a program called wine which lets you play many PC games. Also look at garage sales and e-bay, you can find some older parts but just pair them together to get the power you need. Also skip the quad, you really don't need it.

Sousanator

I think the newer highend Intels are better than the AMD's, but AMD is better for the midend older processors.

My current rig is about a mid-end and if you look in the right places you can most likely build it for really cheap
It has:
AMD Dual Core 3800 (2.1GHz)
Nvidia 8600 GTS
3.5 GB RAM (Remember if your going to put more than 4GB of RAM, you need to use 64-bit versions of Windows)

Quad-Core's are hardly utilized to their potential yet, so for now, a faster Dual-Core is way better than a slower Dual-Core. I'd recommend a faster processor than mine since that the next updgrade I need to do.

For the Video Card I'd recommend the 8800 since they are fairly cheap and its better than the 9200 or 9600. My 8600 can run Crysis on medium settings, so if you are really looking for a cheap graphics card this one will just do.

Everything else can pretty much be re-used from your other computer (hard drive, monitor, tower, cd-drives)

Also before you start ordering parts, make sure everything is compatible. If you're building completly new, start with the motherboard and work from there.

And for the Operating System, if you've never used Linux (like Ubuntu) stick with Windows. If your school is part of the MSDN program you can get Windows Vista Buisness edition for free.

JMM

If you want to save money go for medium requirements and play on low so you'll get a nice smooth experience but your graphics will suck.

Adiman423

With regards to the OS, you should go for windows XP. I think personally you should go for intel parts and go for a dual-core CPU. If you really want to play games the likes of mirror's edge, you will need at least somewhere between 512MB and 256MB minimum. If you can, try to get a board with SLI or crosshair support. This way, you can plug in a 128MB graphics card and a 256MB graphics card.

Werbung:

Roger117

I think if you have a budget of over $500, then Quad Core is suitable. If you do want a quad core, make sure it's 2.66Ghz or better. And for graphics cards, look for a minimum 512mb dedicated capacity. for today's standard, a 1GB would be ideal. I here have put together a guide:

Average graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT (512mb)/ATi 4850 (512mb)

Above Average: Nvidia GTS 250 (512mb/1GB)/ATi 4870 (512mb)

High-end: Nvidia GTX 285/295 (1GB/1.8GB)/ ATi 4890 (1GB)/ATi 4870 X2 (2GB)