How i use a circle of power...?

Werbung:

edwinfong25

ok, well, let's see...

as for your first part of the question
i'd say that you can just use the warpgate (either take it's ability, or maybe even make a copy of it, and just change the model (and any other stats as necessary))

hmm...
to select a unit to become a hero?
you mean to select a hero?
or you mean to "upgrade" a unit into a hero?
if it's for selecting a hero, then you can either utilize the event "Unit - Unit in range"
or you can create a region that overlaps the same area as the circle of power and use the event "Unit - Unit enters region"

on the other hand, if you meant something else other than the ways that i've answered, then please rephrase it, and ask again :)

hope that helps :)

cyber virus

problem..

i place 1 gate and an other one an other place. the units aren't able to move from the 1. to the 2.

do i have to place any triggers or something, i dunno under stabd a bullshit of triggers...

MeTaL GuArD

If you want you can see how it's done in the meele maps that have waygates. I only remember you need a region under both teleportation spots along with it.

Xeridanus

First, in object editor create a building with the waygate ability and the model file of the circle of power. then place two of them on the map (A and B).

go into trigger editor and under map initialisation use:
"Neutral Building - Set Way Gate A destination to (Position of Way Gate B)"
"Neutral Building - Set Way Gate B destination to (Position of Way Gate A)"
"Neutral Building - Enable Way Gate A"
"Neutral Building - Enable Way Gate B"

be sure to use "variable" and "select a unit" then find your waygates on the map and that's all there is to it. Note A and B will most likely be a 4 digit number followed by <gen>, example: "Neutral Building - Enable Way Gate 0009 <gen>".

MeTaL GuArD

I have never heard of that Xer. For me it always was putting 2 regions under two buildings with waygate ability on them and it worked fine without adding any triggers.

And for selecting a unit so it becomes a hero... If it was meant like picking a hero to play(DotA, almost any AoS) then there is a variety of ways. The most common one is putting circles of power infront of each hero, making regions on top of them, then creating a trigger:
Events: Unit enters region

Conditions(optional):
Unit type comparison (Triggering unit = *unit that selects heroes in your map*)

Actions:
Unit - remove Triggering unit from the game
Unit - create 1 *selected hero* at *region here, either center of region or random point in region*, the rest can be left as is

This is probably the most simple hero picking trigger in existence, maybe with an exception of a Tavern like DotA uses(which is simple: you put all the heroes in taverns, put an immobile unit among them for each player and make the heroes cost wood if it's not used in the game).

Second: from Elven War Armageddon, you put the heroes in an area and let people choose by using the Possess ability(modified to work on heroes). The "possessed" hero would be then moved to one of the bases(trigger is very similiar to the most popular one). Problems occur only if you want a "more-than-one-of-a-kind" mode because that needs some more triggering.

I'll post more detailed triggers on request.

Werbung:

Xeridanus

@MeTaL GuArD: i don't know if your waygate method works and I'm too lazy to try but, from looking at it, how do you tell it which region is the exit? I have the trigger way working in a map I'm making right now, if that helps convince you :p