How to persuade parents

Johnhg7

My friend asked me today if there is anything that he could tell his parents to convince them to let him play M (17+) games. Any tips?

Werbung:

pkf0rtzh4ar

how old is he? you just must be lucky but this one always helps to me. come on all my friends got it! ( name ) got it and ( name ) got it too! it isn't that bloody ( or does the 17+ stand for sumthing else? :p ) and just sum dumb stuff

mrman226

Well, tell them that its only the blood and gore, and not nudity or something like that and they will probably be more likely to get the game.

mrman226

well, if you don't tell them about the gore, they'll probably get mad that you lied to them. And I wasn't saying that telling them about it would make them buy it, just increase the chances.

Johnhg7

well, if you don't tell them about the gore, they'll probably get mad that you lied to them. And I wasn't saying that telling them about it would make them buy it, just increase the chances.

Valid point. But I would get off that as quickly as possible.

**800**!!!

pkf0rtzh4ar

errr...i once tried this? i told them there was a option to turn off the blood...and they asked why is still blood and i sed i just noticed that you could put off blood in another game...and it was too late to bring back :p...and btw its also their langaugne not only the blood...like go to the hell and all that but i don't hope that be a problem

jesta

ESRB and PEGI ratings are in there for a reason. I'm glad to see there's still parents who actually use them.

I totally agree. I too am glad that some parents actually listen to the ratings and do something about it, there has been too much bad news about ratings and people not adhering to them, and it's always the kids that get hurt...

mrman226

I totally agree. I too am glad that some parents actually listen to the ratings and do something about it, there has been too much bad news about ratings and people not adhering to them, and it's always the kids that get hurt...

Yes, I've heard too many stories already about kids getting into fist-fights and trying out mortal kombat moves on their baby sister. My friend's parents when they see the rating they ask him what makes it like that, and then they don't even bother to check the back.

pkf0rtzh4ar

i don't really agree...it is'nt totally of the game...it is cos those kids are fools which thinks that its normal to act just like the person does in the game...but not everybody does...and the guy is 14...he wouldn't be such a fool to buy a knife/gun and go shoot/stab people...i guess

Johnhg7

Not really, It's only the kids who haven't matured enough to realize the difference between reality and the game world. For people who have reached that level it is unfair for them to wait until there 17th birthday, while they were ready at age 14-15. Plus you only here about a kid like that maybe 10 times a year, when only about 1/2,000 kids does something like that whats the problem?

Werbung:

pkf0rtzh4ar

yea i twelve and i got COD WAW too...and on my version even is 18+...i also got assasin's creed and get halo 3 + COD 4...but you wont see me doing any foolish things because of that or so