How to reduce lag?

Werbung:

Seawied

512 is an insufficient amount of RAM for windows XP. Especially true if you are using integrated graphics. Add a 1 gig strip in there and you'll notice an improvement, but anything more than that will not be effective

MooCowMan

512 is an insufficient amount of RAM for windows XP. Especially true if you are using integrated graphics. Add a 1 gig strip in there and you'll notice an improvement, but anything more than that will not be effective

I have 512Mb -_- Getting 2GB soon though

Jordan B

I have XP, used to have 512 MB, now have 1.5GB of ram. Still using Intel GMA 900 , but combat arms is fine. Lol . Loads fast as.

My NEC Powermate supports Dual Channel , but I'm not doing it.

Oh, and edit: 128MB of ram still runs Windows XP , my Grandparents have 128 mb of ram on their HP Pavilion . Lawl. Go and get a coffee whilst IE opens up.

Jordan B

just buy 1 of those and keep your current 512 chips of RAM. Windows XP never uses more than 1.5 gigs.

Depends which Version of XP you have, and what you use it for. Game Designers and Hardcore gamers use more ram, yes ? Lol

I'm gonna pick this thread to brag about my friend Logan's Laptop.

Dual Core Processor
4 GB Ram
3 GB DEDICATED VIDEO RAM
500 GB HD

Lolwut. Rich fella.

Seawied

Depends which Version of XP you have, and what you use it for. Game Designers and Hardcore gamers use more ram, yes ? Lol

I'm gonna pick this thread to brag about my friend Logan's Laptop.

Dual Core Processor
4 GB Ram
3 GB DEDICATED VIDEO RAM
500 GB HD

Lolwut. Rich fella.

I hate to break it to ya, but "Dual Core Processor" doesn't mean anything. And unless he does 3-d modeling or video editing, he will NEVER use that much RAM. Again though, 3gigs of dedicated Video Ram doesn't mean anything either. You could have 3 Geforces 9400 (a very crappy card) in a computer and it wouldn't help you at all.

500 gigabyte hard drive, thats not impressive at all, considering when they have 2 terabyte SSDs on the market that you plug in through a PCI-E interface.

dragonshex

Love said:
Also, increasing your virtual memory may help.

Right click My Computer > Properties

(For Vista: Right click Computer, then click "Advanced System Settings")

Now you should have a System Properties window open,
click the Advanced tab,
Under Performance, click the Settings box.
A window called Performance Options should've popped up.
Look for Virtual Memory, and after "Total paging file size for all drives: (Number here)
Remember that number, and click the Change box.
A window called Virtual Memory will come up.
Click the "Custom size:" option.
Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) should have a box after them with a number in it.
The rule for this number is 1.5 times the amount of ram you have.
Ex: If you have 3GB of ram, you may put 4500.

If you listened and remember the number I told you to (You can always take a few steps back and get it again.)
you may enter that, or the amount of ram you have, times 1.5
It may be less than 1.5 times, but it's the recommended amount.
Erm hi, stupid question but, do I put the same number into both the initial size and the maximum size or should they be different numbers? Thanks in advance.

Werbung:

Will50Wester

Hey you said to put the number that was 1.5 times the amount of RAM I have in the box when I got to the virtual memory part. But theres 2 boxes, one initial and one maximum, I can't be sure which box you're telling me to put the "1.5 times amount of RAM" number in, both of them? or the maximum box? I just put it in the maximum box, I have 2GB of RAM so in the maximum box I put 3000, the initial box is at 1488, I haven't changed that one though. Am I doing something wrong?