How would it be if CA went MMORPG?

Werbung:

Kingdrake

I think any massive online only game is considered an MMO.

I used to think the same as you, but I realized I was wrong one day. I read about MMOFPS somewhere (probably Game Informer, I don't remember), and it turns out the games such as Combat Arms (meaning round based games) are not MMO's.

What makes an MMO an MMO is a persistent world, the opposite of round based. Check out this Wiki article that is exactly right.

"MMOFPS is an online gaming genre which features a persistent world and a large number of simultaneous players in a first-person shooter fashion.[12][13] These games provide large-scale, sometimes team-based combat. The addition of persistence in the game world means that these games add elements typically found in RPGs, such as experience points.[citation needed] However, MMOFPS games emphasize player skill more than player statistics, as no number of in-game bonuses will compensate for a player's inability to aim and think tactically.[14]

Wiki List of MMOFPS Games

10SIX (now known as Project Visitor)
World War II Online
Neocron
PlanetSide

Upcoming
Global Agenda
MAG: Massive Action Game
Huxley

I believe games such as Combat Arms are referred to as Online FPS or Online Shooters. The genre of MMOFPS is different.

MooCowMan

I've always been told and thought that any massive online only first person shooter is called an MMOFPS. I don't care.. lol I'll just call it by it's name.. not its genre.

Werbung: