I Haz New Computa!

MooCowMan

Well, not new.. but I got a free HP Pavilion a800n just yesterday. It has an ASUS MoBo, AGP graphics, 160GB HDD and an AMD Athlon XP 3200+. Not too great, but a lot better than my current 1.24GHz XP.

Plans:

Thermaltake Volcano 10 Heatsink :thumbup: only twelve dolla!-

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Volcano-10-Processor-cooler/dp/B001TJRBIK/ref=cm_wl_create-landing

Sapphire ATi Radeon HD3650-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102814

74GB Western Digital Raptor HDD-

from a friend

20" LCD Monitor-

I'll find one when the time comes lol that's an expense that will last me longer than the computer

Evercool PCI Fan + Thermaltake 90MM Case fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119065
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999108

I have 2x1GB sticks of Gskill DDR PC3200 RAM-

from my current computer that can go right in along with a better/newer 350w PSU.

It's not gonna be the best rig, but it won't be too bad. I'll be able to play AVA, CSS, Oblivion, and a few other games. I'll be able to make better montages and record faster. Lets just say it's like polishing a turd, and trust.. me it can be done. Mythbusters did it! ;)

Werbung:

Jordan B

Wow Cool moo!
So Will Combat Arms work better on this computer than the current one?

Of course it won't .

*Facedesk*

Nice job Seth. 1.24GHz ? On your old one ? Ouchy.

I'm still building my PC. I've got no motivation to finish it at the moment though.

I just need a Blu ray drive and a few more sticks of ram. ^^

MooCowMan

Wow Cool moo!
So Will Combat Arms work better on this computer than the current one?
I wouldn't be investing money into it if it wasn't going to better than this one lol :D

Of course it won't .

*Facedesk*

Nice job Seth. 1.24GHz ? On your old one ? Ouchy.

I'm still building my PC. I've got no motivation to finish it at the moment though.

I just need a Blu ray drive and a few more sticks of ram. ^^
Yeah.. this one is slow, but I've heard some good things about the 3200+ and its stock capabilities.. throwing the Volcano 10 on there will help a lot too, keep it cool as a bastid :D

I wish I could add more ram, 2GB DDR is all it can fit though.. which kinda sucks, but I just need this to get me through to my next computer. Using this computer is brutal, as you can probably imagine :LOL:

Jordan B

My Grandads computer that I use every second weekend for 2 days to stay online well I'm away only has 128 mb's of ram. So .... Yea, I can imagine.

Roger117

I remember my brother building our desktop. It should take about 2-3 hours with a dedicated builder, but it took him 3 days xD. Thank God the first computer he build didn't blow up. We're still using our old 120GB HDD lol. I hate these stock CPU fans. They failed on me whilst playing COD4. Better go buy another one.

Jordan B

I could have finished mine in a few hours ....................

I just didn't have all the parts when I started, so if I can give any tips to any prospective builders, it's have everything you need when you start building.

Freaking expensive Blu-ray drives -.-

Roger117

I got a super drive: DVD Burner/CD Burner/Blu-Ray Player for $150. I think it was cheaper because I bought everything from that place.

MooCowMan

It takes me an hour, not even to setup and start installing windows. Me and my friends were the fastest in our Info Tech class, we had a computer built and running from scratch in 20 minutes :) I only have experience working with the old and the painful.. lmao

Roger117

It takes me an hour, not even to setup and start installing windows. Me and my friends were the fastest in our Info Tech class, we had a computer built and running from scratch in 20 minutes :) I only have experience working with the old and the painful.. lmao

There's a computer in Australia which whoever builds their computer the fastest gets to keep it and win a $3000 custom computer. And they don't even pay for the computer parts. I think you only the the $20 rego xD.

MooCowMan

There's a computer in Australia which whoever builds their computer the fastest gets to keep it and win a $3000 custom computer. And they don't even pay for the computer parts. I think you only the the $20 rego xD.
lol speed building.. I was talking 20 minutes casually. I'm gonna time myself speed building once this computer is finshed, on my current soon to be old computer.

Master_7

good deal moo! I see your a ATI fan. The 3650 is a good card though.

I just bought a refurb IBM for under $200... for my kids... it is a Pent 4 HT 3.6ghz - 2gb 3200 - 73gb scsi hd, and Nvidia X1400 vid card...

Werbung:

MooCowMan

good deal moo! I see your a ATI fan. The 3650 is a good card though.

I just bought a refurb IBM for under $200... for my kids... it is a Pent 4 HT 3.6ghz - 2gb 3200 - 73gb scsi hd, and Nvidia X1400 vid card...
For sure! ATI always has some nice cheap but great performing cards out. The new HD 5870 Eyefinity is pretty awesome.. my friend has it with 3x22" monitors, it's quite the setup. I tell him I'm jealous all the time :LOL: