Internet being stubborn to connect to? Here's some tips!

Kirby

As posted in another forum, I will post these tips here too to help everyone with a potential internet problem, I will add and/or edit this if new information comes in.

This is a problem most people are facing with their Wii, it's just not connecting or losing connection too easily. Sometimes the problem is that it's just too slow, and the broadband that you have isn't making it any faster. Here's some tips to get your Wii back to surfin'.

1 and foremost: GET YOUR WEP CODE! The WEP code is the code that your wireless router may be secured by to prevent others (like neigbors) to mooch off of your internet broadcasting. For most routers, the WEP code is found on the bottom near the barcode and is in between brackets. Not all wireless routers have a WEP code.

2: Change the channel! You may not know this, but all wireless routers broadcasts on certain channels. These channels support different Ghertz frequencies and help different devices. It's complicated to get into the settings of your router, but if you go to http://www.nintendo.com/support then they can help you out just a little bit.

3: Clear the way! Your router wants to be like you: in an open space, not crammed in the corner. Put your wireless router high up on a shelf or a cabinet, and give it some room. Make sure that surface your placing it on isn't metal either, or it'll just defeat the purpose.

4: Down with 2.4s! 2.4Ghertz wireless phones are a wireless router's worst enemy. As soon as possible, try to get a 5.8Ghertz phone if you don't already. Make sure there are also no metal objects, Microwaves, Cell phones, Cars, or radioactive material between the wirless router and the Wii. Walls don't count.

5: Can I have a USB Wireless Adapter? There are some of you out there who don't own a wireless router, that's perfectly ok, but you still don't really have a way to connect your Wii to the internet. Have no fear, there is Nintendo's USB Wireless Adapter. It's pretty much a wireless router, but only for Nintendo products. What's even better? It justs plugs into your USB port on your computer! You can find one of these at a local conveniance store, electronics store, or on the Nintendo Shop website.

6: The alternatives. The Wii is capable of supporting a wired USB cord connection, but you can find a LAN converter at any store you can get a USB Wireless Adapter, so if you're against wireless, there is an answer.

I hope these tips can aid you guys out there without a Wii Internet connection to get back on because you're missing out (well, kinda, you'll really be missing out once brawl's out)!

If I don't have something on here or forgot about it, I'll put it on ASAP.

Werbung:

Jesusdragon737

thanks a lot for this. I've had a lot of trouble connecting wirelessly with my router, so I'm sure this will come in handy if I'm having any problems with connecting to the internet when I get my wii.

sharp141

thanks, i already know most of these, as my router always seems to default.
the one i didnt know was the phone one, i have a wireless phone, any way to stop it as i cant get a new phone because im only a kid

Werbung: