Is Blizzard Scamming Us?

Arkidas

I have been investigating World of Warcraft's Term of Service lately and must admit that I find Blizzard's activity and reactions quite suspicious. In the ToS it is clearly visible that you are not to sell your WoW gold for real money, however there a bunch of sites and eBay items out there, it just doesn't seem that they are trying to stop it. My exemplification of this is that Blizzard is actually making tons of cash from this themselves. As you know they have been banning piles of accounts not too long ago and therefore forcing the client to purchase a new game, this is a circle of pleasure for Blizzard, I wouldn't be too surprised if Blizzard have a few gold selling sites themselves. What is your opinion on this?

Werbung:

Alekill

ha that would be interesting but i dont get the concept of buying gold...i just think that the point of a mmo is to get good by playing i meen whats the point to always have it so easy i want challenge..

Undead_Lives

It's actually been proven that WoW is addictive. Here's how.
All video games raise a chemical in your brain called dopamine (sp?). It controls pleasure and addictions. This is also how you get hooked on cocaine. So, since WoW raises your dopamine levels greatly, you get addicted more easily, which is really kinda scary.

Tenebrae

Dude, where'd you find that out? No wonder I can't stop playing Worms, lol.

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree about this whole scam thing, cuz couldn't they get in trouble for it? And if not, then.... well, I don't know what to say...
:confused:

Raiju

WoW itself is a scam. Paying every month=Bull****.
[/b]

I couldn't say it better

I dont believe Blizz propositally sell their virtual gold for money, but of course they wont do anything about this kind of "trade" since it is favorable to their game (their golden egg)

Kem Rixen

For a while Blizzard was keeping the gold selling and such down, but like all things, over time they lose control and just stop trying as hard. The only thing I think is a scam is paying $25 for the ability to move your characters from one realm to another. This comes from a person who was a WoW addict for pretty much all of last summer, and will most likely become one again, the only thing that's been stopping me is how much of a hassle it is to install WoW in linux.

XtremeGamer2000

[/b]

Agreed.

For a while Blizzard was keeping the gold selling and such down, but like all things, over time they lose control and just stop trying as hard. The only thing I think is a scam is paying $25 for the ability to move your characters from one realm to another. This comes from a person who was a WoW addict for pretty much all of last summer, and will most likely become one again, the only thing that's been stopping me is how much of a hassle it is to install WoW in linux.
[/b]

Get Cedega if you want to play DirectX games on Linux. (It's $5 / month.)

Questo

[/b]

Pssh, it works out to 50 cents a day..
Anyhow, gold has no effect on end game content, and is slowly but surely being stamped out.
My new 58 has had no issues with gold selling messages.

Squishy-1

People do make loadds of money of WoW some even make a living off of it, if you ever did buy something off ebay u would be traded in the game then pay them over paypal. hence its not blizzard but the consumers, not only that blizzard cant stop people from giving away gold on wow and they cant stop people from buying stuff on ebay likewise they cant stop people from buying gold on ebay unless the seller is stupid and posts there account. not only that the scam would be directed only toward the people who buy the items and break blizzards terms they would be like cops that dress up as hos and bust people. finally even if they could stop it its good for the economy. (is that a good enough explaination?)

---------edit-----------
how many times do i have to tell u thoose servers are extremely expensive and blizzard would go under if not for the monthly fees
the charge for a realm change is fair too since blizzard awards people who are the firsts (im not sure if they do for WoW but they do for every other game) with merchandise per realm. and 50 cents a day is less than u pay to drink a can of soda which would u rather do drink a can of soda everyday or play the very entetaining WoW? blizzard doesnt stop trying as hard the hackers and whatnot try harder.

Fladian

which would u rather do drink a can of soda everyday or play the very entetaining WoW? blizzard doesnt stop trying as hard the hackers and whatnot try harder.
[/b]
How about none of the options above? :p

I don't drink any kind of 'soda' out of own nor am I interested in playing WoW. :p
But even so, some people would find it smarter to just keep saving money instead of using some just to play a game. I have little to say in the matter, as a matter of fact, I am posting this while at work. But I guess that's not really of importance... what is of importance is that my break ended about two minutes ago and I should go back to work; but I guess I could finish this post if I hurry a bit.

You said what you would rather do, well, I personally think that not buying the game is the best thing to do. More than 99% of the cases, most people are no longer interested in playing a certain game after quite a short period of time. There are a few exceptions, like me still playing Baldurs Gate or Anno 1602 for that matter, not to mention that I also still play chess with a friend and my dad once in a while. But to take the risk of something like that is not worth paying a sum, regardless how high, every day.
If you're hoping to meet someone by using the game - I've heard stranger stuff - than I keep recommending a chatroom instead. :p I recently started to join some online chatrooms more often.

Werbung:

Squishy-1

if your good enough at the game u dont need a job =-) as u can tell by people selling items for money (ive met some one who actually lives off of WoW yeah i know its pathetic but hey he gets payed to play)