Is Blizzard Scamming Us?

Fladian

That would not be the way I wanted to live. Living full with doubts and the chance that it could go wrong. Besides that, I still have school to attend to, and that has quite a price-ticket too.

Werbung:

Shadarak

WoW itself is a scam. Paying every month=Bull****.
[/b]
I'm definetely agreeing with you there. Besides, those who pay to play games like WoW are those who sold their souls.
It's one of the reasons why I didn't get WoW.

Overall: Down with World of Warcraft!!

SeasonsOfLove

It's actually been proven that WoW is addictive. Here's how.
All video games raise a chemical in your brain called dopamine (sp?). It controls pleasure and addictions. This is also how you get hooked on cocaine. So, since WoW raises your dopamine levels greatly, you get addicted more easily, which is really kinda scary.
[/b]

Actually...

Cocaine is a dopamine mimic, and therefore it causes a huge amount of that neurotransmitter, causing a good feeling (and tons of side effects), which is what's addicting. Video Games aren't a chemical, so they can't be considered nearly as addicting since the increased dopamine is controlled by the brain, and it's not getting everywhere. You don't get addicted to video games unless your body reacts horribly. There's no physical addiction. It's psychological.

Shadarak

Luckily, I haven't taken WoW's bate.

It's also one of the main reasons why some mod projects (such as TToR) are taking much longer than expected due to WoW attracting attention.

My question is: What was Blizzard thinking when they came up with WoW?

Undead_Lives

Actually...

Cocaine is a dopamine mimic, and therefore it causes a huge amount of that neurotransmitter, causing a good feeling (and tons of side effects), which is what's addicting. Video Games aren't a chemical, so they can't be considered nearly as addicting since the increased dopamine is controlled by the brain, and it's not getting everywhere. You don't get addicted to video games unless your body reacts horribly. There's no physical addiction. It's psychological.[/b]
Actually...you're wrong. They've done numerous studies on it. Video games have a profound effect on dopamine in your brain, and that is physical.
True, it's not nearly as addicting as cocaine, I didn't mean to say that. But video games do cause a physical addiction.

Squishy-1

QUOTE(Undead_Lives @ Jun 26 2006, 07:25 PM)
WoW itself is a scam. Paying every month=Bull****.

I'm definetely agreeing with you there. Besides, those who pay to play games like WoW are those who sold their souls.
It's one of the reasons why I didn't get WoW.

Overall: Down with World of Warcraft!![/b]
how can it be selling your soul to play a very entertaining game and if u dont like it in the first month you stop? if you really think playing a game for a month is selling your soul, then your messed up in the head. jeez

MeTaL GuArD

My question is: What was Blizzard thinking when they came up with WoW?[/b]
Perhaps that they need even more cash? If not for that then why they would make games anyway? It wouldnt be affordable for em otherwise.

Werbung: