1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

Lens Cleaning

Discussion in 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl' started by jesta, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jesta

jesta Moderator

Now I assume we all heard the news about Japanese Brawl having some complications, i.e. having to send your Wii to Nintendo to get the lens cleaned because it couldn't read the Dual-Layer Brawl disc...

Well, some US gamers have also experienced the same problem, due to a dirty lens.

Have you had this problem? Did you send it to Nintendo? Did you clean the lens yourself?

Lets hope by the time it comes out in Europe that the whole dirty lens problem is over?!

2. knuckles_sonic8

knuckles_sonic8 Member

Another part of this was that some JPN gamers got their disks damaged some other way. Something about how smoking damaged the disks...?

In any case, I didn't have any problems with my rental copy of Brawl except with the Masterpieces area which had worse load times than other games but that's to be expected I guess.

3. jesta

jesta Moderator

The smoking thing was all part of the dirty lenses I think. Nintendo's excuse, people have dirty homes filled with dust and smoke :D

4. knuckles_sonic8

knuckles_sonic8 Member

Pssh. Poor customer service/support on their part. xD

So then, did they end up resolving this whole issue because I was hearing a lot about it weeks back but it seems to have died down now.

5. thexcheat

thexcheat New Member

How would you go about cleaing the lens? Becuase my game is acting up quite often, and i really don't want to send it to Japan.

6. jesta

jesta Moderator

The only to truely clean your lens without sending it off is to open your Wii case (literally just the case) to make the DVD drive visible, then clean the lens manually with a cotton bud/qtip dipped in window cleaner.

Heres a picture I found of exactly where the lens is...

[​IMG]
    (Ignore the cicled screws ;))

But if your unsure DO NOT attempt it!! At your risk only!! And of course it will void your warranty!

7. Ash

Ash New Member

I think its pretty poor that the lens can get dirty that easy,a modern console like the wii, you should think it would be built to take smoke etc... things that happen in houses day in day out.....:thumbdown:

8. hockeyhero

hockeyhero New Member

no one in my family smokes so i have a healthy wii...:D

Thank god that my brawl works..:)

9. Pranksta

Pranksta New Member

fo' real, same situation here

10. Tywar

Tywar New Member

I've had problems with Brawl when I very first got it, and I was very disapointed. Turns out there's a simple way to fix the problem to whoever has a nonworking lense: Send it in to Nintendo. When I did, it took about a week. However, the good part was that I was free, except for the shipping, which was about two dollars. I got a brand new Wii for free because it was so trashed up... but, don't worry, when you get a new Wii, all your previously saved data will be transfered onto the new one.

11. SUX

SUX New Member

I freak out if my Brawl donĀ“t work on my Wii.

12. Johnhg7

Johnhg7 New Member

My MK seems to act up sometimes too.

13. pkf0rtzh4ar

pkf0rtzh4ar New Member

i dont know if you guys talk about this but...when i put brawl in and i am playing...my cd/dvd player of the wii really gets wild...i have the feeling that it can fall out at any moment...and the online version i also cant move some times for like 2 secs...anyone have tips?

14. Johnhg7

Johnhg7 New Member

The reaction time may be because of a bad wifi connection and I don't know what you mean with your cd/dvd

15. XANA

XANA Member

it sounds like the disc is spinning very fast and the drive is louder. it's normal for brawl dont worry.

PS. i hate nintendo. i get my wii back after it has been "cleaned" and the next day i get errors again. it WAS nintendo as it happened in a day and not 6.5 months!(exaggeration input there.)