LRK members

medic232

pcp in nova scotia... but that's like right under the american "paramedic" I'll take my advanced paramedic next year i think, that'll be a little above the american paramedic.
its sexy.

Werbung:

{Iceman}

Awesome. Us EMR's can't do jack. I mean, we can do a lot for some lifethreatening situations. But a lot of it is just shock for cardiac arrest, nitro or entenox for chest pain, and non-rebreather mask for respirator arrest. I really really want to learn how to do IV's and ventolin. Those are two things that would be awesome to know.

medic232

iv's are a breeze... and ventolins a no brainer... asthmatics give it to themselves on a daily basis, whats entenox? we don't use that up here.

{Iceman}

Entenox is a mixture of O2 and nitrous oxide. It's used for pain relief. It comes in a tank which you have to invert 3 times before use and then the patient sucks on it through a by demand valve. Basically, it's what us non-super leet ALS guys have to use instead of morphine. It actually works great, you just have to make sure that the vents are on in the back of the bus, cause Entenox can make you giddy. One day I forgot to turn it on, and when we got to the hospital, my partner opened up the back door to find me and the patient laughing our heads off.

Werbung: